• CSX Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by d0c69

I so hope this happens I just got laid off a week ago and so don't like it. I realize I can be laid off at times with the railroad but thats ok cause I kno I'll get called back. I've never been out of work before I worked all through high school then went right into my next place of employment that I spent 26yrs at. I realize this is a very difficult job but I'm ready for it. If I'm lucky enough to get called they'll for sure have a long standing employee.
  by mrsafety

Just got the call today, sounds like middle of January is going to be the start of a lot of new hires
  by matawanaberdeen

What does it mean when the job that came down 2 days before pops back up? Does that mean they didn't find enough guys or just need more now?
  by Night Owl

The listings have closing dates, assuming that date has expired and they do not have enough applicants or are still in need of more workers it is my hunch they simply re-run the listing. Exactly why, i dont know.

On a few occassions i have notice the re-run listing have a new 'Requisition ID' allowing you to apply again.
  by matawanaberdeen

Night Owl wrote:The listings have closing dates, assuming that date has expired and they do not have enough applicants or are still in need of more workers it is my hunch they simply re-run the listing. Exactly why, i dont know.

On a few occassions i have notice the re-run listing have a new 'Requisition ID' allowing you to apply again.
Thanks that makes perfect sense.
  by COEN77

matawanaberdeen wrote:What does it mean when the job that came down 2 days before pops back up? Does that mean they didn't find enough guys or just need more now?
I would think by now you'ld have applying to railroads down to a science. You've been trying for quite a while.
  by matawanaberdeen

COEN77 wrote:
matawanaberdeen wrote:What does it mean when the job that came down 2 days before pops back up? Does that mean they didn't find enough guys or just need more now?
I would think by now you'ld have applying to railroads down to a science. You've been trying for quite a while.
Yeah but they all have weird quirks. It really is a very strange industry. The work is weird and hiring processes are beyond weird.Its just a different kind of industry all around. Interesting when you delve into the process. I have been in the process with a different RR,much smaller RR since April. Every once in a while I get an update keeping me in the process. Boy it takes a long time to get the your hired green light. Its almost their way of getting you hardened for what is gonna be your career. Its quite fascinating to be honest.
  by Driven723

Hello all,

I have been reading the forums for two weeks now, trying to gather up some knowledge. I have not been able to find any posts regarding a Assistant Roadmaster Trainee.

I am going to Jacksonville next Wednesday (11/17) for an Assistant Roadmaster Management Trainee assessment interview. I was wondering if anybody on here had any knowledge of what the assessment center interview consits of?

In the e-mail they told me that we start with breakfast and an orientation at 7 am, at which point we will watch realistic videos of what the job entails. That will go on until 8:45 am, at which point each candiate will then follow a personalized schedule of tests and practices. The last test or practice will conclude at 12:45 pm, and everything wraps up at 1 pm.

To add a couple more questions in here, does anybody know what the tests and practices are? Is there a roadmaster on here that could tell me a little more about the training process for a assistant roadmaster? It is supposed to last almost a full year.

This job sounds like something I would love to do, and that I could enjoy to make a career out of. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
  by proto05

update: going to interview on tuesday the 16th. ready!!!

Applied Sep 28
Changed to Pending Review Oct 11
Pending Manager Interview Nov 1
Interview scheduled Nov 10th for the 16th
  by Driven723

proto05 wrote:update: going to interview on tuesday the 16th. ready!!!

Applied Sep 28

Where is your interview?

I have a interview on the 17th, which will be held in Jacksonville, FL.
  by ctr44

Had my interview down in Jacksonville on the 10th. Thought it went well. They said I should hear back in the next few weeks. It was for the Customer Service/Network Operations Management Trainee.
  by fishin360

I just got done all the test for a conductor out of Phila. If everything goes good I will be heading to redi in mid January. I was wandering, does CSX over hires? They still have the job posting on their web site. Its been almost 2 months. I've read on this site that they do, but that was about 4 years ago. Does any know if they are any guys in Phila laid off? I would think Phila has alot of work for CSX because it such a big city.
  by CSXHopefull2010

I to just got a phone call last Friday saying that I was picked and needed to fill out some more information and schedule a test. I was just wondering how picky they are with the background check. I mean if I don't have a date exactly right on my residence or something like that is that going to disqualify me? I have worked jobs in the past with very high security clearance and didn't have any problems. Any information would be helpful thanks.
  by proto05

Driven723 wrote:
proto05 wrote:update: going to interview on tuesday the 16th. ready!!!

Applied Sep 28

Where is your interview?

I have a interview on the 17th, which will be held in Jacksonville, FL.
Baltimore MD
  by CSXHopefull2010

I have a question that I was wondering if anybody else has had. Got an email today that they are having trouble verifying my diploma. I have lost my original I was just wondering if this would disqualify me automatically if they can't find it or if I can't find it. Anybody else have this trouble?