Railroad Forums 

• The Atlantic City Line Thread

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#827266  by ns3010

Quick question- since there are no layover yards on the ACL, I assume trains lay over in AC and Philly, no?
 #827289  by sixty-six

ns3010 wrote:Quick question- since there are no layover yards on the ACL, I assume trains lay over in AC and Philly, no?
Well, if theres no layover yards, where else can they go?

The trains stay in AC.
 #827467  by Silverliner II

jimzim66 wrote:
ns3010 wrote:Quick question- since there are no layover yards on the ACL, I assume trains lay over in AC and Philly, no?

The trains stay in AC.
And one set overnights in Philly at 30th Street.
 #827495  by sixty-six

Silverliner II wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:

The trains stay in AC.
And one set overnights in Philly at 30th Street.
That set is crewed though, theyre simply laying over.
 #827497  by nick11a

jimzim66 wrote: That set is crewed though, theyre simply laying over.
Yes, laying over, in the literal sense of the term.
 #827598  by chuchubob

Thunderstorms in Philly and South Jersey knocked out signals and switch operation at SHORE, so ACL service is jacked up Tuesday morning.
 #839494  by RBB937

I rode ACL Train 4673 today, the 12:44pm from Atco to Atlantic City and it was standing room only. I was very surprised as there was nothing special going on in Atlantic City today, just a nice summer Saturday. I didn't really mind having to stand for the entire ride, it was nice to see a good crowd on the AC Line.
 #839637  by TheTroll

south jersey trains wrote:What happened to the double track that was supposed to be laid for the Atlantic City line? Is there any news?
No money. And they cut service.
 #839653  by Ken S.

south jersey trains wrote:What happened to the double track that was supposed to be laid for the Atlantic City line? Is there any news?
NJT is slowly trying to shut the line down since no one rides it. They have to wait for ACES to fail before they can though.
 #839719  by WaitinginSJ

Ken S. wrote:
NJT is slowly trying to shut the line down since no one rides it. They have to wait for ACES to fail before they can though.
I knew it!! :P

Anyway, there's no budget for anything, but I'm pretty sure it's still on the "to do list" (as in, I haven't seen anything in the papers to the contrary)

also, the last article I saw on that, which I think was in the Press, said that the DRPA was paying for it.
 #839759  by Silverliner II

WaitinginSJ wrote:
Ken S. wrote:
I knew it!! :P

Anyway, there's no budget for anything, but I'm pretty sure it's still on the "to do list" (as in, I haven't seen anything in the papers to the contrary)

also, the last article I saw on that, which I think was in the Press, said that the DRPA was paying for it.
If the DRPA is involved, all bets are off since they are under fire from Gov. Christie (and to a lesser extent, Gov. Rendell) for their spending habits. Who knows what will happen when the smoke clears....