Railroad Forums 

• Amherst Show - West Springfield, MA - Jan 30-31

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#758836  by dcm74

Just over two weeks until showtime. Hope everyone has their travel plans and hotel reservations all set. If you didn't order your tickets ahead of time remember that the ticket booths are open one hour before the doors open on both days.
 #759613  by LIRR272

I'll be going this year again but unlike past years I'll be there on a Saturday. Last time I went up I also made a railfan trip to Worster (not sure if I spelled it right) and hung out at the station. The Springfield station is ok, but I'm looking to see other places and more trains. I hear of Palmer, but are there any other suggestions?
 #759624  by Cadet57

LIRR272 wrote:I'll be going this year again but unlike past years I'll be there on a Saturday. Last time I went up I also made a railfan trip to Worster (not sure if I spelled it right) and hung out at the station. The Springfield station is ok, but I'm looking to see other places and more trains. I hear of Palmer, but are there any other suggestions?
Its Worcester. Just be glad a true Masshole diddnt see that ;). But fwiw, Palmer is much better on weekends than Worcester. Thou Sundays are slower, there is a bit more variety at Palmer imo.
 #759639  by stilson4283

I will be flying in for the show from sunny California. Since I missed the show last year I cannot wait. Now that I have a layout I have a list of things I will be looking for.

Chris
Lancaster, CA
 #760548  by Otto Vondrak

I'll be hosting a professional-grade railroad slide and image show on Saturday night after the train show. If you are interested in showing images or just want to attend and enjoy the show, please contact me off-list for details.

SEE YOU THERE!

-otto-
 #761752  by dcm74

We're in the final countdown, one week to showtime. We know Otto is going to be there with his railroad.net buttons for those lucky enough to find him. Anyone else have plans on being there?
 #761890  by atsf sp

It is confirmed, I will be attending on Saturday. Then afterwards take some photos at West Springfield Yard, Westfield including PVRR, and then decide whether to go to East Deerfield and the Pan Am line back to Boston or do what I did last year and go to Palmer, Worcester and Framingham.
 #761904  by Cadet57

atsf sp wrote:It is confirmed, I will be attending on Saturday. Then afterwards take some photos at West Springfield Yard, Westfield including PVRR, and then decide whether to go to East Deerfield and the Pan Am line back to Boston or do what I did last year and go to Palmer, Worcester and Framingham.
You wont see any power on Sat for the PVRR. They put them in the engine house.