Railroad Forums 

• Strasburg's Norfolk & Western 475 back in service?

• Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads
Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads

Moderators: Typewriters, slide rules

#550483  by Anthony RMLI

Yes, Locomotive No.475 is now in service, along with Locomotive No.90

At this point I belive all of the SRC's locomotvives are running. 89 and 31 started the season while 475 came in after Easter and then 90 come out during the Thomas days

Anthony
 #553179  by jgallaway81

Based on the term, I'd hazard a guess that he is reffering to the tubes & flues which carry the combustion gasses from the firebox to the smokebox.

I'm guessing 475 is a superheated unit, anyone know?
 #596708  by atsf sp

Anthony RMLI wrote:Yes, Locomotive No.475 is now in service, along with Locomotive No.90

At this point I belive all of the SRC's locomotvives are running. 89 and 31 started the season while 475 came in after Easter and then 90 come out during the Thomas days

Anthony
I must have just missed 90 since I was there on easter and the day when Thomas left and 475 came in just after. Well at least I rode between a double steam of 89 on the front and 7312 on the back.
 #615165  by tj48

D&H557 wrote:was there again last weekend. Talked to one of the fireman, said she is running very strong.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143 ... ns/002.jpg
Is that a new photograph of the 475? I noticed she carries Strasburg lettering on the tender instead of the Great Western lettering I last saw her in.