• Strasburg's Norfolk & Western 475 back in service?

• Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads
Discussion of steam locomotives from all manufacturers and railroads

Moderators: Typewriters, slide rules

by ErieLimited2914

Does anyone know if Strasburg's 475 is back in service? I went on the shop tour last year and saw it had a few drivers taken off and smoke pipes taken out.
  by Anthony RMLI

Yes, Locomotive No.475 is now in service, along with Locomotive No.90

At this point I belive all of the SRC's locomotvives are running. 89 and 31 started the season while 475 came in after Easter and then 90 come out during the Thomas days

Anthony
  by jgallaway81

Based on the term, I'd hazard a guess that he is reffering to the tubes & flues which carry the combustion gasses from the firebox to the smokebox.

I'm guessing 475 is a superheated unit, anyone know?
  by atsf sp

Anthony RMLI wrote:Yes, Locomotive No.475 is now in service, along with Locomotive No.90

At this point I belive all of the SRC's locomotvives are running. 89 and 31 started the season while 475 came in after Easter and then 90 come out during the Thomas days

Anthony
I must have just missed 90 since I was there on easter and the day when Thomas left and 475 came in just after. Well at least I rode between a double steam of 89 on the front and 7312 on the back.
  by tj48

D&H557 wrote:was there again last weekend. Talked to one of the fireman, said she is running very strong.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143 ... ns/002.jpg
Is that a new photograph of the 475? I noticed she carries Strasburg lettering on the tender instead of the Great Western lettering I last saw her in.