Railroad Forums 

• Ontario Central and Finger Lakes Merger

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#471065  by Lehighton_Man

UPDATE!

FGLK has obtained all control of ONCT, and runs on those tracks now.
As i know this, because the town of Victor wants us, the LVRRHS to run excursions from manchester to Victor, using the old Black Diamond hotel as a small museum/ticket office/branch office for the FGLK. I am still unsure about the future of the two ALCos, hopefully FGLK will still use them. I'll be talking with Bruce and Craig of FGLK, two of their Road engineers, about this for sure.
Thanks,
Sean

#471077  by Luther Brefo

Lehighton_Man wrote:UPDATE!

As i know this, because the town of Victor wants us, the LVRRHS to run excursions from manchester to Victor, using the old Black Diamond hotel as a small museum/ticket office/branch office for the FGLK. I am still unsure about the future of the two ALCos, hopefully FGLK will still use them. I'll be talking with Bruce and Craig of FGLK, two of their Road engineers, about this for sure.
Thanks,
Sean
What two Alcos? 418 left the property during the summer. The EMD SW-9 (number 708) is not owned by the Ontario Central but rather it is owned by Golden Spike Rail Services and as far as I know was not directly part of the sale as it was on lease to the ONCT. And before anyone jumps down my throat about GSRX's relationship to ONCT, I know... :)

#471078  by scottychaos

Lehighton_Man wrote:UPDATE!

Thanks,
Sean
Sorry Sean, but ONCT no longer has any Alcos..
the last one, ONCT 418, is now back with the LAL in Lakeville..
it will not be returning to the ONCT or FGLK..
Finger Lakes will run their current EMD and GE power on the line, but no Alcos.

418 was the last Alco on ONCT..im not sure when the 2nd one left, but it was many years ago. 418 was the only one there for the last 10 years at least..

Scot

#471401  by Lehighton_Man

yeah, i just heard that today.
I was talking w/ a few of the FGLK crews and idk why, but the CEO of FGLK chooses GEs over ALCos. The SW8 is going back to GSRX and the RS36 is now under LA&Ls ownership.
Cheers,
Sean

#471464  by TB Diamond

Anyone know the date of the last ONCT run with the SW8 and the first FGLR run?

#472043  by Otto Vondrak

UPDATE! Lehigh Valley Railroad to become part of ConRail! New "ConRail" says "not to worry" about the future of the line. lol

On a more serious note, was the sale of ONCT to FGLK ever formally approved?

Sean, you mention the LVRRHS is looking to operate excursions the full length of the line from Manchester to Victor? Will any news of this be posted to http://www.lvrrhs.org/?

-otto-

#472380  by TB Diamond

A very courteous call lead me to be at Victor, NY on Friday, 19 October 2007 to photograph the ONCT run that afternoon. Just wondered how close to the last run that was prior to FGLR operations?

ONCT 418 (then numbered ONCT 86) was the first power utilized by the line which began service on 01 October 1979. If recall is correct (I do not have my reference material at hand) ONCT had a ex-D&H RS2 or 3 for a time back in the 1980s.

#472894  by BR&P

"Sean", the Victor Chamber of Commerce may be interested in LVRRHS having excursions, but how do you get from there to FGLK operating the line at present? The most recent movement marked off duty at 1630 today, and that was with ONCT crew and the GSRX loco.

FGLK will be assimilating ONCT into their operations gradually. FGLK dispatchers and train crews still must be qualified over the line. Nothing has been cast in concrete 100% at this point, but since some of ONCT's people are also FGLK employees, and are qualified there, it is possible that even after FGLK begins to dispatch and operate, there could be a time when the switcher runs the line starting at Victor. There are many options and FGLK will see what makes the most efficient way to do it at any given time.