Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1635956  by MaineCoonCat

No wonder I didn't see it. I looked for during the week (i.e. "commute" or business). Peter Pan 1 morning run each way Fri-Sun.
 #1636032  by BandA

markhb wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:26 am Do any of you think there's a chance this thing could have worked out, if the P&W had stayed independent? Obviously it was dead when the G&W showed up, but small independent roads have been known to try innovative things (witness the old St. Lawrence & Atlantic and the Sunday River ski train in the 90's).
Yes, could have happened. Probably will happen as a government-operated service within the next 30 years. The only difference between them and Brightline is BSRR didn't own any of the real estate or have any experience running a railroad. So basically everything would be contracted out and somehow they would make money and maintain exclusivity while operating in the shadows of MASSDOT and the MBTA. And when they started, second-hand equipment was readily available instead of being in short-supply. As a private company they could get started years or even decades faster, they could pay competitive wages instead of government-mandated wages. They claimed to have agreements worked out with cities, state of RI, host railroads and Amtrak.

They never communicated properly with the public, setting unrealistic expectations then going radio silent when they missed deadlines. The biggest unanswered questions would have been how they would have paid for liability insurance, how they would get access to Providence Station for free or low cost, and how they would have maintained peace with the unions. If they had solved those last three problems they could have been successful
 #1638496  by MaineCoonCat

ZOMBIE ATTACK!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
bsrc site 2024.png
bsrc site 2024.png (1.63 MiB) Viewed 1419 times
https://bsrc.com/

Can't find an active registration in NH., MA. or RI.
 #1638534  by BandA

Administratively dissolved in NH eff 9/1/2023. 120 day reinstatement period has expired. Did you check with the Island of Sodor Business Registrar? Trademarks presumably up for grabs. No way that they can operate any excursions without a new filing somewhere.
 #1638552  by MaineCoonCat

BandA wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:41 am No way that they can operate any excursions without a new filing somewhere.
I've sent info requests to the various Business Registrars in the governments on Proxima Centauri b as it's only about 4 light years from here. Responses'll take some time.. :wink:
 #1639418  by MaineCoonCat

It appears they were registered in MA to the end of 2023..
 #1639461  by BandA

I'm confused; first document from MA has date of revival in 2019, says organized in MA in 4/2023, says dissolved by SOC or court order 12/2023. So it is dead, and probably dead-dead in a way that zombies and vampires can't help. MA document also shows the Woonsocket train station address that might have been valid in 2019 but was definitely not valid in 2023. It's kind of a shame because I think there was a potential for something.
 #1639596  by MaineCoonCat

Kinda' wondering.. Other than us, are there many (or any) other people paying any attention to their site?
bsrc web site 02142024.gif
bsrc web site 02142024.gif (2.65 MiB) Viewed 647 times
 #1640299  by MaineCoonCat

One week and one day.. Any speculation? I'm expecting a nothingburger..