Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1608201  by markhb

It just occurred to me that, to date, possibly the only persons who have made any money off of this zombie project are the admins of rr.net, given that this thread has gone on for 52 pages of ad impressions. :grinning:
 #1608393  by BandA

Ironic that Manchester-Lowell-Boston (or Concord-Lowell-Boston) service is being seriously studied by NHDOT, and some group in CT even wants Norwich-Worcester service. Nobody has picked up the torch for P&W service or Worcester-Lowell service, and everybody wants the government to run and subsidize service.
 #1622163  by BandA

But they have 860 likes on the facebook! CA is expired, website is not yet being squatted or parked. Service is still suspended due to Covid, but be sure to give them your information so they can notify you when they resume their service.
 #1625085  by MaineCoonCat

Is this the merciful end?
admin dissolution remind 070120231.png
admin dissolution remind 070120231.png (211.48 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
(274.53 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
 #1625381  by MaineCoonCat

BandA wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:22 am No. Two months notice. Same as the last few times I think.

Ahhh, but will they bother, this time? I'm thinking "no". Then again, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
 #1625412  by BandA

Well, any agreements they had with the P&W or PanAm Railways, or any municipality are probably timed-out. They have probably burned their bridges with RIDOT over the Woonsocket Depot. Have they managed any excursions in the last year or two for the ?chamber of commerce? ?visitors bureau? that they were doing previously? I wouldn't mind reading their business plan if they had one.