Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1638437  by Bracdude181

I'm not sure if he did. That particular crossing always has issues though and is in rough shape.

A different pal sent me these pictures this morning. I believe they were taken along the Freehold Secondary towards the end of steam. (Mid 50s?) The other picture is of the now long gone CNJ station in Farmingdale. Crazy how different it looks now.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

#1638445  by CharlieL

That station in Farmingdale burned in 1912 and was replaced with a smaller one at the diamond .
Lots more pictures in the facebook group. Worth browsing if you have a facebook account. Don't think you need to be a group member to browse them.
 #1638479  by Blackseal Jim

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:38 am I'm not sure if he did. That particular crossing always has issues though and is in rough shape.

A different pal sent me these pictures this morning. I believe they were taken along the Freehold Secondary towards the end of steam. (Mid 50s?) The other picture is of the now long gone CNJ station in Farmingdale. Crazy how different it looks now.

ImageImageImage

Middle picture is from my collection taken by my Grandpop Bert Jackson. Locomotive has just crossed Broad St in Freehold and is heading west .
Jim Hurley
 #1638520  by Bracdude181

@Blackseal Jim They used Atlantics on the Freehold Branch? Wow.

It's crazy how we've gone from steam engines and long lines of cars to just a few diesels and a train that half the time isn't even 10 cars long now.

#1638528  by Blackseal Jim

Bracdude181 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:52 pm @Blackseal Jim They used Atlantics on the Freehold Branch? Wow.

It's crazy how we've gone from steam engines and long lines of cars to just a few diesels and a train that half the time isn't even 10 cars long now.
The Atlantics were the main power on this line .
Jim Hurley

#1638550  by AceMacSD

Blackseal Jim wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:34 pm
WashingtonPark wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:16 pm I believe the bottom picture is at Lambertville station just before the PRR stopped passenger service.
Bottom picture was taken in Freehold Boro.
Jim Hurley
Agreed. Lambertville you'd seen the canal there. Jim, Great pics. Thanks for sharing on the groups. I'd seen them on Facebook and give em a like and comment. Alot of great stuff on those Facebook groups.
 #1638554  by Blackseal Jim

AceMacSD wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:29 am
Blackseal Jim wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:34 pm
WashingtonPark wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:16 pm I believe the bottom picture is at Lambertville station just before the PRR stopped passenger service.
Bottom picture was taken in Freehold Boro.
Jim Hurley
Agreed. Lambertville you'd seen the canal there. Jim, Great pics. Thanks for sharing on the groups. I'd seen them on Facebook and give em a like and comment. Alot of great stuff on those Facebook groups.
Thank you! I'm one of the two administrators of the Freehold Secondary Facebook page . It's nice seeing all the old and new pictures of trains using these lines .
Jim Hurley
 #1638555  by CharlieL

Bracdude181 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:52 pm @Blackseal Jim They used Atlantics on the Freehold Branch? Wow.

Yes, and K4s'