• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by AceMacSD

Blackseal Jim wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:30 am Thank you! I'm one of the two administrators of the Freehold Secondary Facebook page . It's nice seeing all the old and new pictures of trains using these lines .
Jim Hurley
Thank you for doing this Jim. Agree it's good seeing these old time pics and the new.
  by Bracdude181

Those lights started having that issue lately of not turning on until the train is on that part of the circuit. Nice video, but what are you driving?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by ppbhist

My mail truck. I’ve been delivering mail on this route for the past 20 years. I’m retiring in 6 months and going into seclusion lol
  by Bracdude181

Nice! 20 years driving through there and your still alive? Pretty lucky I must say lol

by dem34

ppbhist wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:07 pm My mail truck. I’ve been delivering mail on this route for the past 20 years. I’m retiring in 6 months and going into seclusion lol
Does that mean the Layout blog is going to get some updates in 7? :wink:
  by ppbhist

Yes it will. I’ll probably announce it on the layout site in the next few weeks. Thanks for asking!
  by Bracdude181

Apparently RB1 ran at some point within the last few days to pick up empties? I'm being told the 5 or so empties that were in Farmingdale are gone...

by CharlieL

Bracdude181 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:50 pm Apparently RB1 ran at some point within the last few days to pick up empties? I'm being told the 5 or so empties that were in Farmingdale are gone...

They were there this morning (Monday) . Facebook post puzzled me.
  by JohnFromJersey

Four identical cars were there Monday. I did hear what I thought was 1888's horn that morning, so it is possible that RB-1 collected the cars on Sunday, and FD-1 ran to Freehold to pick up empties Monday
  by Bracdude181

Train approaching Farmingdale at 9:23 am

752 and 17 cars