Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1623959  by CR2721

Sir Ray wrote:Haven't been in that area for several years, but viewing Google Street, did they move the Stavola plant entrance sign, as visually that sign looks to be within the track loading gauge (unless they move the track/ROW a bit to the East)?
It's encroachment on railroad property on Stavola's part. The sign would be moved.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

#1623965  by CharlieL

They were to have started water main work at Southard Ave last week, but so far nothing has happened except for some equipment being parked inside the Gold lumber fence. From the markouts it looks like it will run under the track, so I would not expect crossing or turnout work to happen there before it is completed. Otherwise, I expect all the crossings will be done, including Fairfield Rd before the stretch between Fairfield and Yellowbrook are done.
Exception might be 524/Adelphia Rd.
After that's all done, then ballast and final rail alignment / leveling.
Still enough time for 31 July but getting close.
 #1624063  by CharlieL

Pictures for which? No problem at Stavola. Up to the cops at the east side of the crossing at Southard.

Be aware there was fire / police activity in the area at Stavola. Worst case park at Cranberry Rd and walk to the Stavola entrance. Oh,no, 200 yards!

You can get close to either side at Okerson as there are businesses with access on either side of the crossing.
 #1624103  by Sir Ray

CR7876 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:09 pm You guys wasted so much bandwidth talking about that sign, RIP.
Heh, wasted so much bandwidth? Clearly you haven't waded into the Old Equipment at Glenmont NY thread (aka "Private equipment collection at Colonie and Glenmont" thread...or even this forum the Southern Secondary thread before D&R took over. You never knew with that Stavola sign, it had the little trees planted around it, could have been landmarked or something. :P
 #1624117  by CharlieL

Please forgive my wordiness. I made a fuss (can you say "parody"?) because certain others made a fuss.
I have been in this area since the days the camelbacks, E's and K's roamed freely, and to see something come back (go in the "wrong" direction) for a change is quite amazing. And delightful.