• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Load of ties with “Tracks Unlimited” spray painted on them sitting next to Gold Lumber. Excavator sitting there too…
  by RFRailFan

Took these of SA31 from my NJT train yesterday around 3:30p.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Bracdude181

Train got back to Red Bank around 12:35 PM ish. Pretty quick run today.

I have some pictures of Farmingdale to Freehold. Will post them when I get home.
  by JohnFromJersey

The new crossing on Howell Rd looks pretty good. Will try to get pictures of it later - I had someone tailgating me as I passed over it, and they were still doing some work on the sides, so I didn't get a chance earlier today.
  by Bracdude181

Ties sitting next to Gold Lumber and the aforementioned machinery.Image
Ties and rail were also sitting at Yellowbrook Road but I didn’t get a picture.

Howell Road crossing. Built with EP Flex rubber flangeways.Image
Notice the blue insulated joints for eventual installation of electric crossing protection.

Lastly here’s what’s going on at Okerson Road. Old track is now removed on the west side.Image
Looks like the middle rails are what they plan to put in the road. Those rails are a bit worn though. It might be hard to see but the rail head on one side is worn down a bit.

Okerson Road crossing should be put in around June 12th. Will get more pictures next week.
  by RaritanWatcher

Howell Road crossing. Built with EP Flex rubber flangeways.

Interesting that they have the crossing painted with 'Dynamic Envelopes' - most people in NJ won't have a clue about the markings.
  by Bracdude181

It means don’t stop on that part, and no, most don’t seem to know what it means.

Wonder why they didn’t just completely fill the space between the stop lines with that.

Also wondering how well this will hold up as time goes on. EP Flex crossings don’t seem to last as long as precast concrete panel crossings.
  by CR2721

Bracdude181 wrote:Also wondering how well this will hold up as time goes on. EP Flex crossings don’t seem to last as long as precast concrete panel crossings.
Correct, or feel as nice driving over them, especially at speed. The best crossings that always feel smooth as silk are the Omega Industries Inc. pre-casts. Can't beat them.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

While we’re asking questions…

Heard BDRV 1202 is coming back from MDDE soon. Any chance we will see it around here?

Also since I forgot to check out Freehold on Friday, I checked it out on the way home from today’s outing. Here’s how the team track looks.Image
Hasn’t been ballasted yet. 2005 doesn’t seem to have moved recently…

Also what on earth is the caboose doing in Builders General on the boxcar siding??? LolImage
  by CR7876

baju wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:21 pm Excuse me for being ignorant of this. But what is #10 turnout?
The size of the switch being installed.
  by JohnFromJersey

CR7876 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:04 am Those ties at Gold Lumber are for the #10 turnout.
I know the idea is to have a wye, which has two turnouts, but I am wondering, are they going to rebuild the existing turnout from the SOUS, or will they keep that?