Railroad Forums 

• Septa diesels (moved, when used, etc)

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1618321  by CNJGeep

Correct but it's not set in stone. I think the wire trains currently do CHE. Not sure where the tie train goes currently.
 #1618405  by scotty269

Emmett wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:48 am
CNJGeep wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:55 pm
Emmett wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:57 am the daylight train wouldn't happen to have a general area of time perhaps? and the night time ones would be around 10-1?
Crew reports at 6AM, location varies week to week. Not anywhere on Amtrak, so no Trenton Wilmington or Paoli.

As for the wire train they sign up at 10 and most days they're out of Wayne Electric by midnight. Some days they don't turn a wheel and they don't work Friday nights.

does that mean they might run the manyunk/norristown line? that isn't serviced by amtrak?
Why would the Manayunk line be serviced by Amtrak???
 #1618406  by ExCon90

Possibly because it's so short and closely tied in with Paoli-Thorndale? And of course Amtrak did run a train up there once, all the way to Cynwyd ...

Also, the catenary there is physically isolated from the rest of the SEPTA network -- it might make sense for Amtrak to do it, for a price.
 #1618408  by CNJGeep

SEPTA maintains the wire on the Cynwyd line, however Amtrak also uses that pole line to carry power from Safe Harbor. Past CP-CYN Amtrak maintains the whole of the catenary infrastructure.
 #1618416  by scotty269

He said Manyunk/Norristown, not Cynwyd. Was trying to see if I missed something earlier in the thread or if there was a misunderstanding on his part how things are connected these days.
 #1618581  by Emmett

The wash train (with the arrow II and Comet I) only runs in the fall right? because I don't think any other septa MoW trains/units are on the paoli/thorndale.
 #1618649  by CNJGeep

Emmett wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:32 am The wash train (with the arrow II and Comet I) only runs in the fall right? because I don't think any other septa MoW trains/units are on the paoli/thorndale.
Correct
 #1620394  by Halgoonta

does that mean they might run the manyunk/norristown line? that isn't serviced by amtrak?
incase you didn't know, AMTRAK does not operate on the Manayunk/Norristown line, and therefore they are not responsible for its upkeep. that is solely SEPTA's responsibility.