Railroad Forums 

• Post Amtrak Videos and Photos Here

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1553468  by ExCon90

Matt Johnson wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:41 pm 2013 cross country trip slideshow. (I was bored!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m5Nq8GlIl8
Boring indeed. So skip over it and go to the video at the head of the column to the right: SFZ Chicago to Emeryville, 2018. Many scenic shots from the train and lots of footage of car and roomette interiors. Good coverage of the boarding muddle at CUS bearing out the various reports from contributors to this forum. After arrival at Emeryville keep watching to see the muddle involved in loading the buses. There are several buses leaving for different destinations in the City, with no signage or other guidance provided, as has been the case when I've been there. Considering the almost hourly arrivals of Capitol Corridor trains you'd think there would be permanent signs out there. The mystery of how to get passengers aboard trains and buses has been a problem for Amtrak all along -- I guess they're going to keep practicing till they get it right ...