Railroad Forums 

• CMSL Cape May New Jersey Seashore Lines Passenger Operations

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1588758  by liftedjeep

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:06 pm Been hearing that CMSL will be returning PRR 7000 and CNJ 1523 to the URHS. Can anyone confirm this?
Went north this morning - 1/6.
 #1588760  by liftedjeep

glennk419 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:23 pm Sorry to hear that. They were well cared for by Tony's team and added some nice character to Tuckahoe. Does anyone know where they are headed? Pictures?
Back home to the URHS. They were on lease by CMSL.
 #1589015  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote:Apparently there is a CEFX GP20D en route to Camden. It’s currently parked at the CSX yard in North Bergen.

Is that what will be replacing the GP7 and GP9 that CMSL has returned to the URHS??
CEFX GP20D #2031 is not for CMSL
 #1596916  by JohnFromJersey

Would it ever be possible for CMSL to run somewhat frequent "excursions" from somewhere on the AC line to Cape May in the summers??? I'd imagine depending where the terminus on the AC line was, it could be pretty popular in the summers. I doubt outside of like April-September anyone would really use it.
 #1596921  by liftedjeep

NJ Transit would never allow Cape May Seashore Lines to operate along the Atlantic City Line. You can start with the need for Positive Train Control, and go from there.

The City of Cape May has been "inaccessible" to rail traffic (other than the occasional speeder) for close to 10 years now. Poor track conditions, an inoperable canal swing bridge, etc...
CMSL has relied on a portion of the (Conrail maintained) Beesleys Point Secondary between Richland and Tuckahoe to operate their excursion trains. I honestly don't think you'll ever get much more than that from Cape May Seashore Lines.