Railroad Forums 

• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1433236  by flyingfox10

Heather Hill? Do you mean Hill n' Vale? If so that crossing only had stop signs. Passaconway road was old lights last time I was up there. Also I doubt the state will spend money to put lights on crossings that are currently "exempt". The state governor wants to spend no money on rail lines, and said publicly that rail transportation is not profitable and a waste of money.
 #1433274  by b&m 1566

I think you are confusing the governor's words, he's not willing to spend money on commuter rail; heritage and freight operations have nothing to do with that.
 #1433728  by NHV 669

I thought the brush-cutting/land maintenance was just for show, to keep the town off their back for being an unused eyesore, but impressive to hear the track all the way to the diamond is good enough to handle a train full of people. If I don't end up in a seat, I'll certainly be grabbing photos of it. Hats off to Ed and gang at NHCR, and The CSRX team for all they've done to keep these rails in use.
 #1433738  by NHV 669

b&m 1566 wrote:Did or does the state plan to re-install lights at the two Rte. 3 grade crossings near Twin Mountain? I last saw them in July before the work was done. The state has rebuilt some crossings on the seldom used portion of the White Mountain Branch and has re-installed lights to those that once had them; I'm just curious if they did the same for those two crossings near Twin Mountain.
Gonna go with a no on those two. Just drove through, crossings look great, and have been seamlessly rebuilt into Route 3. Protection is still just crossbucks with the blue "notify us with an issue" signs on them.