Railroad Forums 

• Connecticut River Line (Pan Am)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1386993  by newpylong

The settlement was just for the request for the NECR to produce material evidence as to how they came up with their maintenance costs. I haven't seen anything to say the proceeding itself was settled but I don't check the STB site often.
 #1391858  by EDFLD Bill

New MBTA style "Type G" LED home signals at CPR-18 go live this morning replacing the old B&M Searchlights....
 #1391899  by whatelyrailfan

It sounds like you're talking about the signals by exit 18 & the salvage yard, but if not there, where? And I have seen those lit up from time to time, but they're mostly dark.
Peace,
Jonathan
 #1391920  by newpylong

whatelyrailfan wrote:
EDFLD Bill wrote:New MBTA style "Type G" LED home signals at CPR-18 go live this morning replacing the old B&M Searchlights....
It sounds like you're talking about the signals by exit 18 & the salvage yard, but if not there, where? And I have seen those lit up from time to time, but they're mostly dark.
Peace,
Jonathan
That is Northampton South CPR-16, other end of the double track.
 #1392019  by EDFLD Bill

whatelyrailfan wrote:
EDFLD Bill wrote:New MBTA style "Type G" LED home signals at CPR-18 go live this morning replacing the old B&M Searchlights....
Peace,
Jonathan
This is the Interlocking behind National Grid's King Street Substation & McDonalds... The north end of the double track.
 #1392066  by whatelyrailfan

Thanks for the correction, I thought I was a bit far south. Gonna have to check it out, and does this mean that they finally replaced the rail as well?
Peace,
Jonathan
 #1392204  by EDFLD Bill

Thanks for the correction, I thought I was a bit far south. Gonna have to check it out, and does this mean that they finally replaced the rail as well?
Peace,
Jonathan

Negative on the rail. The 500' (or so) of old stick rail just north of CPR-18 remains, waiting for the bike path tunnel installation.....
 #1393551  by EDFLD Bill

In a word, no. CPR-1, CPR-33, & CPR-35 need complete changeovers. CPR-9 still needs to get replaced by CPR-8, and CPF-385 still needs new northbound home signals..
 #1393831  by johnpbarlow

Here's 15MB / 329 pages of Pan Am Southern LLC's Reply to New England Central Railroad, Inc.'s Opening Statement And Evidence:

https://www.stb.dot.gov/filings/all.nsf ... 241126.pdf

Excerpt that reflects the key stumbling block bewteen PAS and NECR:
In its Opening Statement, NECR claims that this is a run-of-the-mill SSW Compensation case and sets forth a value-inplace
methodology (“VIP”) to calculate PAS’s new trackage rights fee. NECR’s VIP yields a 1,389% increase on PAS’s trackage rights fee (poster's note: this equates to
raising PAS' current $0.45 per car mile to $6.70).
 #1393920  by Hux

Jeez, you'd think PAS was a pharma raising prices like that.
 #1393964  by gokeefe

More like they're the patient. That number is NECR's charge to PAS.
 #1394065  by B&Mguy

I just saw this story on NECN that there is a fire on a train around the area of Keets Road in Deerfield. There was not too much information provided, but from the picture it looks like the fire was in an open hopper car. No word yet if there's any impact to Vermonter service, but since those trains come through earlier in the day there's probably none. Anyone have anymore details about this?
 #1394069  by Dick H

The Northbound Vermonter left Springfield on time, but has lost an increasing amount'
on time for its entire trip and was one hour, 42 minutes late into Essex Jct. VT.
It does not appear that the train fire mentioned above was the issue, since it was
only 19 minutes late at Greenfield...