Railroad Forums 

• "Up North" Gawking (District 1 sightings)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1310574  by newpylong

gokeefe wrote:Wow interesting.....too much traffic down in New Hampshire for DO-1 to make the run up to Brunswick now.....??
Last I checked DO-1 was a night job and reported to Rigby all days except when they cover DOBO, so I don't see traffic as a concern.
 #1310634  by MEC343

newpylong wrote:
gokeefe wrote:Wow interesting.....too much traffic down in New Hampshire for DO-1 to make the run up to Brunswick now.....??
Last I checked DO-1 was a night job and reported to Rigby all days except when they cover DOBO, so I don't see traffic as a concern.
Newpylong, DO-1 is a Monday-Friday day job that reports to Rigby and does work in Saco/Biddeford, Dover, and Portsmouth. You're thinking of PH-1, which is a Sunday-Thursday night job that reports to work in Dover, does DOBO/BODO Monday-Thursday, and brings local cars for DO-1 from Rigby down to Dover/Portsmouth, or does local work around Rigby Sunday nights
 #1311477  by KSmitty

POWA 614, 617 and ~40 past MP 147 (Monmouth) at 13:50. Winthrop about a half hour later. Short train, but still cool to see just 2 6 packs up front. Not something we get treated to much here in GP40ville.
 #1311635  by 690

Unfortunately, back to GP40ville, as POWA appears to be getting ready to leave Danville with seven GP40s, six in Guilford paint, and BM 333 leading.
 #1311650  by KSmitty

When they arrived it was just 6 Big G's. Thats the biggest all G lineup Ive seen in a long time. Was on my way back from Portland and unfortunately no camera. I Rolled to the crossing just as they shoved back. Would have had a perfect shot...
 #1311738  by BM6569

Was that you in the white PU? I was the one in the green four door.

They waited at Albiston Way for some reason then finally headed east and I caught them again at Stetson Rd
 #1312453  by BostonUrbEx

690 wrote:WAPO is getting ready to head out with a colorful mix of power; GMTX 3003, GMTX 3105, LTEX 2964, MEC 602 and MEC 516.
Final lineup ended up being 516 in the lead, the rest is correct.