Railroad Forums 

• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1091672  by charlie6017

For what it's worth...........Norfolk Southern is expanding their Buffalo Intermodal Terminal
hours starting October 15th. Can't be a bad thing!

Revised Buffalo Terminal Gate Hours Effective October 15, 2012
Effective October 15, 2012, gate hours at NS��� Buffalo intermodal terminal will be expanded. Gates will open earlier on Mondays, and Saturday hours will be introduced. Gate hours are unchanged Tuesday through Friday. The new hours are as follows:

Buffalo, NY

Hours of Operation - Effective October 15, 2012
Monday 5:00am ��� 10:00pm
Tuesday��� Friday 7:00am ��� 10:00pm
Saturday 7:00am ��� 3:00pm
Sunday Closed
http://www.nscorp.com/nscintermodal/Int ... 0512b.html

Charlie
 #1091991  by blockline4180

JBlaisdell wrote:Oil tanks running along the Delaware...just wait until the environmentalists get wind of THAT!
As long as the tracks are there they can't interfere or stop interstate commerce, and if they tried they will most likely loose in court.... The STB will back the railroad in a minute...... So they can get "wind" of anything they darn well please, but they will loose the battle if there ever is one!!!!
 #1092040  by pumpers

blockline4180 wrote:
JBlaisdell wrote:Oil tanks running along the Delaware...just wait until the environmentalists get wind of THAT!
As long as the tracks are there they can't interfere or stop interstate commerce, and if they tried they will most likely loose in court.... The STB will back the railroad in a minute...... So they can get "wind" of anything they darn well please, but they will loose the battle if there ever is one!!!!
We should be so lucky that the line actually gets some kind of new traffic or traffic level that there is something for environmentalists to complain about. JS
 #1092507  by K4Pacific

nysw3636 wrote:
K4Pacific wrote:Let's do just a little math for line viability sake. A 100 car SU-100 has probably 60 cars turning a buck. 60 cars at Average invoice for CNY portion is $2,000 per car. 60 cars X $2,000 = $120,000 gross for trip, less crew costs and percentage amortized expenses. Combining SU99/100. $120,000 X 5 (total train per week)= $600,000 per week. $31,200,000 gross. Who has the NYSW/CNY annual report? See if that falls in line.
First off, when was the last 100 car SU-100? It has been quite some time. Second, why post these #'s without looking at a CNY/NYSW Annual Report? BTW, it is very hard to view a privately held companies annual reports unless you are an private investor. Just saying...
Thank you 3636. I would think I know what NS is getting per car rate on many commodities. Right there. So if I'm that far off...then there are funny numbers. I guess I'll get an annual report then from NYSW. Excellent suggestion. I'll get back to you. Thank you.
 #1094543  by SecaucusJunction

Is that even possible? Never heard of that beimg done... in this area anyway.
 #1094752  by Steve F45

they've done it on the nysw southern division where it was jointed rail. But again thats how I read into it, maybe they are getting new rail. Just a wait and see at this point. But the powered switch machines, some have wondered why the need for only 6 trains a week ;)
 #1094967  by chief

The stick rail will be welded where sits,between MP-90 & MP-117
The power switchs are being reinstalled between MP-90 & MP-117.
And by the way 1 year ago i said the trains were coming. As of today the number of trains has not been determed yet.and time frame keeps changeing. I will keep posting as facts are given to me.
Steve a k a Chief
 #1094981  by charlie6017

chief wrote:The stick rail will be welded where sits,between MP-90 & MP-117
The power switchs are being reinstalled between MP-90 & MP-117.
And by the way 1 year ago i said the trains were coming. As of today the number of trains has not been determed yet.and time frame keeps changeing. I will keep posting as facts are given to me.
Steve a k a Chief
Info is very much appreciated; thanks very much Steve!

Both welded rail and addition of power switches are huge!

Charlie
 #1095058  by northjerseybuff

Yes, I saw that bit of news Charlie. I meant with the actual trains. In about 13 days we will be at 11/1. I will declare victory in the bet with only 60 days remaining before the day we all pay up...Looks like I won't be paying up....hope i'm wrong
 #1095085  by SecaucusJunction

Who are you declaring victory against? The original bet was between me and another member of this forum and had a deadline of 12/31/12. Looks like it might be a nail biter for that one. Could go either way. There are also some "clauses" that could force the bet into being a draw. We'll let everyone know who wins by 1/1/13...