• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by charlie6017

Meh...........either way it would be kinda cool to meet everyone and look around. I know that the
original bet was between Blockline and Secaucus Jct, but if you all want to get together and have a
couple and hang out for a while it sounds pretty good to me! Of course if the weather is truly horrible
we may want to have a back-up plan.

What do you guys think?

Charlie
  by blockline4180

charlie6017 wrote:Meh...........either way it would be kinda cool to meet everyone and look around. I know that the
original bet was between Blockline and Secaucus Jct, but if you all want to get together and have a
couple and hang out for a while it sounds pretty good to me! Of course if the weather is truly horrible
we may want to have a back-up plan.

What do you guys think?

Charlie

I think it would be a great idea.... I know its not what most people want, but I wouldn't mind doing it on a weeknight so at least we can watch some MNRR trains come in for the night..... How about Friday night January 4th???
  by charlie6017

I'm okay with that night........it's fine with me, we'll see if the others can do that! ;-)
  by northjerseybuff

My bet is with K4. I only found out about the other bet a few weeks ago. Either way, those who picked no trains in 2012 will win!
  by SecaucusJunction

Well lets not count those chickens yet. If the rumor about NS not renewing rights over the RBMN is true, then there is still a decent chance. Also keep an eye out to what EHH says next month. There could be some big changes with train routings in the Northeast very soon.
  by northjerseybuff

What rumor about renewing over the R&N? News to me and when does the contract expire? I highly doubt news from the next CP board meeting will change the east end. NS doesn't need for a competing railroad to hold a board meeting to add trains to and from lines. Have any of the dates ever been correct on this thread? All have come to pass and nothing has changed. Why should the CP board meeting date be any different?
X day still cracks me up. Whoever came up with that one should buy every winner of any train bets a round or two!
  by Autoblock

As SJ said dont count your chickens yet the fate of the 12t and 13t will be made soon enough either way.
  by SecaucusJunction

I'm just saying that a lot of CP's traffic is bound for NJ and they have said they are looking to divert traffic off of their line in PA. Take it for what it's worth. I'm not saying you'll definitely see CP traffic on the East end of the Tier but in the long run, its something to consider. We know that something (13T/12T) is coming to the East End, we just don't know when. I'm still hopeful I can at least pull out a draw in this bet!

Is it weird that I am actually the one defending NS?
  by charlie6017

SJ, do you or does anyone else know roughly how many trains per day are using the Lehigh Line, including
CSX trains that also use it? I'm assuming this is the line NS wants to remove a bit of the traffic off of?

Thanks!
Charlie
  by SecaucusJunction

I'd guess maybe 25-27 on NS and around 15-17 on CSX. I'm not all that familiar with the CSX side of things.
  by northjerseybuff

I am still hoping to lose this bet, but lets be real. No crews as of 11/15 training? come on..it takes a few weeks bare minimum to get guys qualified. It ain't happening by 1/1/13 for these trains. I hope to be proven wrong.
  by charlie6017

Thanks SJ. So I can understand why NS might want to route a bit of traffic off that line.
  by northjerseybuff

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  by charlie6017

northjerseybuff wrote:Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Same to you and your families...........and to all of you out there. Travel safely!

Charlie
  by northjerseybuff

northjerseybuff wrote:late 2010...early 2011...april----->May now..my skeptical side thinks nothing will happen in 2011 at all
Reading through this thread...my predictions have been 100% for 2+ years! Cheers