Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by NortheastTrainMan

I know the P32AC-DMs are being rebuilt and well they're starting to act like PL42ACs according to what I heard on the forums. Also have any CDOT P32s been rebuilt yet?
  by MTASUPT

Nope, 228-231 have not been rebuilt yet.
  by DutchRailnut

The units unless other mechanical breakdown forces the rebuilt, will go to Erie in sequence as delivered.
So the CDOT units are dead last in about 2 to 3 year
  by NortheastTrainMan

Will they get another paint scheme? Like the all black orange stripes and white lettering? Or is that choice up to CDOT since they own their P32AC-DMs.
  by DutchRailnut

Who knows ?? its upto CDOT and lots of things can happen in 2 years.
I personal believe CDOT willl stick with the Mc Ginnis scheme.
  by MN-P32AC-DM-201-227

What number are we up to now? Last P32Ac-DM to get sent out was 209. I also have seen 202 now has its new paint job which did not receive at the time of being re-built. Her G-string paint job no longer. :wink: :-D
  by MN-P32AC-DM-201-227

209 is back for Erie, and was working the Hudson line Friday. Anybody know which P32ACDM is up next? :wink:
  by DutchRailnut

lets see, they go in sequence so if 209 is back, next would be ............
  by Tommy Meehan

Just out of idle curiosity, there's a photo in the August Railpace (pg. 4) of 216 passing Yankee Stadium sporting a new paint job and, according to the caption anyway, having been rebuilt.
  by FL9AC

So what are you curious about? You just made a statement :wink: . Yes the 216 has been rebuilt. All of the P32AC-DM's in the new scheme have been rebuilt and are being repainted in the new scheme before being shipped back.
  by DutchRailnut

DutchRailnut wrote:The units unless other mechanical breakdown forces the rebuilt, will go to Erie in sequence as delivered.
So the CDOT units are dead last in about 2 to 3 year
here is your answer about the 216.
  by Tommy Meehan

This morning on the Park Avenue viaduct my train ran alongside 206. That unit's still in the old paint scheme.

I'd like to get a running tally. What are they up to about, about 10-12?
  by FL9AC

201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 208, 209, 211, 216 have been rebuilt as of now.
  by Tommy Meehan

FL9AC wrote:201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 208, 209, 211, 216 have been rebuilt as of now.
Thanks FL9AC. That's very interesting. I get all the way to the ring finger on my left hand so that means they rebuilt nine so far, correct? :(

Hopefully we could maybe add to it as each unit returns and keep a running tally.