Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by M1 9147

218 originally had the number on the emergency hatch, and then a few years ago got a revised scheme with the Pacman logo on the hatch (hence the 3rd order of P32ACDM's), now the 3rd scheme on it! Very interesting to say the least!
  by DutchRailnut

MN-P32AC-DM-201-227 wrote:218 had the newer paint job, with the Pac-man logo. :-D
it now has a newer than new paintscheme.
  by M1 9147

Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever!!!!!
  by Darien Red Sox

Whats going on with the P32s? Are they breaking down more than usual or is it just train #1833s bad luck?
  by FL9AC

Don't always assume it's the locomotive causing the problem. It wasn't even 1833, there was a problem with one of the coaches brakes on 1811's equipment which tied up the rest of the morning service on the branch until the disabled trainset could head north into the yard. Let's keep this to P32AC-DM rebuild questions...
  by M1 9147

Thanks John for the post, and its funny that I posed in front of 218 at 2005's Open House at Croton Harmon in the shops with 218 in the second scheme! I got that one framed on my wall too!
  by FL9AC

Nice pics! She's only been running for a few days now (218).
  by MN-P32AC-DM-201-227

Thanks guys!! I wish I had my SLR camera, the photos would not have been so dark. :-D
  by FL9AC

Interesting article, but the pictures shown of the "new" cab ceiling material do not reflect the actual panels being installed in the new rebuilds. The ceiling panels pictured there were only installed in a few Genesis units in-house...the rebuilt units have all come back with corrugated-type ceiling panels that seem more like metal than plastic as stated in the article.
  by FL9AC

Here's a few shots taken of the newly rebuilt 213 "Kirner tribute" locomotive sitting outside the north end of the new diesel facility in Croton. (Taken with permission and off duty):

...and a shot of the 216 at Southeast...trying out some night shots:

by FL9AC

The 212 just came back from rebuild...spotted in Harmon yard.
  by MN-P32AC-DM-201-227

Very nice photos FL9AC (as always)!!! :wink: 212 is back already? That was fast!!! Any other units get sent out to Eire yet??