Railroad Forums 

• New Hampshire Northcoast Railroad (NHN) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1424699  by b&m 1566

With Pan Am's, "Adverse Discontinuance" filling with the STB last week, over the state-owned portion of the Hillsborough Branch, it got me wondering about the Conway Branch. When Guilford sold the line to NHN, did they leave a clause in it that would allowed them to take back control of operations?
 #1424783  by bm1838

BM1566:

The line was completely sold to the New Hampshire Northcoast therefore Pan am can't revoke operations on it. The section Milford and Bennington operates on from Wilton to the pit in Milford is owned by Pan am railways, and also a strange arrangement where Milford and Bennington got operating rights to Milford (Probably pan am wasn't interested).

The Conway Branch from Ossipee to Conway that was sold to the state indeed did have a clause that any developed "Bridge Traffic" would be paid to ST/B&M. If you developed local traffic you could avoid this, however the clause implies if the Conway branch or mountain division was used to by-pass pan am then ST would indeed have the right to be service provider.

Cory
 #1424847  by b&m 1566

Pan Am only owns to Wilton Station the state owns the rest (Howard St in Wilton to Bennington). I was just curious if the language in the sale agreement with NHN was similar to that of the state purchase agreements.
 #1430015  by Dick H

The 3823 never made the run to Dover and Boston yesterday. A report on the
GRS Yahoo group stated that it had "electrical issues". No word that I have
seen, if the 3823 will make the Dover/Boston run tonight (5/2)
 #1431926  by bm1838

It will be fixed tomorrow. The city let the fire hydrants run for a long period of time on the hill above the tracks the night before, it flooded the tracks and washed out 30Feet for roadbed into the salmon falls river.

cory
 #1432146  by MEC407

Video by Connor Maher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDALC2gpAmg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;