Railroad Forums 

• How busy is the Martinez sub?

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1268414  by Lackawanna565

I'm going to be taking the train from Emeryville to Sacramento. And I will be making a stop at Davis to get some footage. I was curious if there is alot of UP trains on the line. When I was at Emeryville station waiting for my train. I was getting footage of the Amtrak trains and one UP train. And when I got home. The memory card was giving me problems and someone I know was looking at said static electricity got to it. I just want to get footage of one UP train again on the line.
 #1268813  by Backshophoss

The Martinez streachs from Roseville to Emeryville,Davis is the interchange point with the California Northern(Ca+Az Ry).
It's 1 of the noth/south routes between LA -Seattle,the other is via Tehachapi/Fresno,they both join at Sacramento.
Martinez is the Jct with the Tracy sub,where(at Port Chicago) San Joaquins go to/from Bakersfield.
There should be some Intermodel traffic to/from the Tracy area and some general freight traffic as well.
2 LD's,Coast Strarlight and the CZ travel this route.