Railroad Forums 

• CSX Derailment near Amsterdam, NY - 6/27/13

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1197599  by Freddy

Railjunkie wrote:Trains started moving Saturday night. Just came through there today most of it is cleaned up still trying to dig out the buried engine
Thanks.
 #1197942  by twropr

What continues to happen that has M/W working between CP 184 and 188, imposing severe delays on the daylight and afternoon trains. From what I heard on the Mohawk scanner feed, many eastbounds are being stopped at 188.
Also, was a locomotive buried in the mud? On the 4th I heard someone say "they got the mud king out."
Andy
Jacksonville, FL
 #1197951  by Freddy

twropr wrote:What continues to happen that has M/W working between CP 184 and 188, imposing severe delays on the daylight and afternoon trains. From what I heard on the Mohawk scanner feed, many eastbounds are being stopped at 188.
Also, was a locomotive buried in the mud? On the 4th I heard someone say "they got the mud king out."
Andy
Jacksonville, FL
More than likely it's a surfacing gang working at trying to remove any slow orders/speed restrictions. If they laid panels they could also be welding out all the joints.
 #1198027  by docsteve

Stopped down there this morning to walk the dogs down Martin Road:

-- Route 5 is still closed,

-- A line of wrecked cars to the west of the Martin Rd./Route 5 intersection along the north side of the tracks,

-- Piles of debris east of the intersection and a pile of wheels and trucks to the west,

-- An east- and westbound were passing each other in the wreck site (stack going west, general merchandise going east) at about 20 mph each way.

What a mess! There's lots of work to be done in the proximity of the tracks, so there will probably be slow orders for a while yet.

Steve