• Conway Scenic Railroad Discussion (CSRX) - 2010

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by b&m 1566

What engines have they been using this year for the Polar Express? In years past it’s been 573 leading the way and 4266 on the return trips.
  by daylight4449

just a thought, but why not use 573 and 252? both are of MEC heritage, so why not?
  by b&m 1566

If they’re doing the same thing with the “Yellow Birds” as they did with the “Sisters” they are done for the season. The Sisters never turned wheel for years after the notch train season had ended; they were winterized and put out on track two until the spring!
  by CSRR573

I remeber plenty of time the sisters(or one of them) were uses on the santa claus express
  by daylight4449

so what's new? the only thing i've seen updates on is track delays and unique equipment sightings on amtrak. what's up, everyone just decide to take the day off?
  by b&m 1566

This is the time of year, when this thread starts to fall down to the bottom of the pile, it happens every year.
  by MEC407

People are very busy this time of year. Not sure if you've noticed, but there's a major stress-inducing holiday just around the corner. :wink:
  by #7470

Otto Vondrak wrote:Sometimes... There's just nothing to talk about! Sorry, kids... adults are busy.
Haha I wish there was a "like" button on here like on facebook because I would like this Otto
  by TheJollyRailfan

The only real going on around Conway is that this will be the last weekend of Polar Express/ Santa Train Runs for the year. I believe these were all powered by the 216 and 252. The 2 are also supposed to be the motive power for the New Years eve train.

Valley trains will be making special winter runs for the xmas vacation week the 27th through the 1st, And of course we have the Steam in the Snow special running on 2nd.

Any more to report?
  by Cosmo

Are tix still available for SITS or is it sold out?