Railroad Forums 

• Brightline West Construction and Projected Opening (2024 - 2028)

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

#1637344  by HenryAlan

Gilbert B Norman wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:33 am
HenryAlan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:54 am It's worth noting that this "funding" is a bit different, though, from the $3 billion grant. In this case, the Fed gov is essentially incentivizing bond sales. But make no mistake, the $2.5 billion will be debt on Brightline's balance sheet, whereas the $3 billion will be booked as revenue on the income statement.
Paid In Capital is more like it, Mr. Alan.

GBN; CPA
Thank you Mr. Norman, but the article said bonds, not shares. I work in health care finance, and some terms might be different by industry, but bonds are always debt, and paid in capital, so far as I've ever seen, is always the shareholder funds.
 #1638186  by Jeff Smith

Details of upcoming work: News3LV.com
Work set to begin for Brightline West high-speed train connecting Las Vegas, California
According to the announcement, field work began in January to advance the final stages of design in preparation for a groundbreaking. Field investigation work includes geotechnical borings and samplings, utility potholing, and land surveying.
In some instances, short-term closures of freeway shoulders will be required. All work will be done in compliance with applicable environmental regulations and in coordination with Caltrans and the Nevada Department of Transportation.
see link for project areas listed
 #1642659  by markhb

Brightline West Groundbreaking to take place Monday
Brightline West plans to break ground next week on its Las Vegas-to-Southern California high-speed train system.

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg will join Brightline founder Wes Edens and federal, state and local officials from Nevada and California on Monday at the planned Las Vegas station site for a ceremony kicking off construction on the 218-mile rail line.
Interesting that the Vegas paper only mentions Cucamonga and Apple Valley in the station list, omitting the commuter stop in Hesperia.
 #1642827  by John_Perkowski

NEWS ITEM:

BRIGHTLINE BREAKS GROUND[

Brief, fair use quote
Treasury Secretary Pete Buttigieg joined state and federal officials Monday to break ground on a $12 billion high-speed rail line between Las Vegas and the Los Angeles suburb Rancho Cucamonga. Brightline, the company building the railway, said the electric-powered trains will travel at more than 186 mph and shuttle passengers through the Mojave Desert in 2 hours 10 minutes, about half the time of driving on frequently gridlocked I-15.
My comment: I’m waiting for California’s air pollution and plant/animal preservation people to insert their monkey wrenches. See also Central California.
 #1642839  by scratchyX1

John_Perkowski wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:14 pm NEWS ITEM:

BRIGHTLINE BREAKS GROUND[

Brief, fair use quote
Treasury Secretary Pete Buttigieg joined state and federal officials Monday to break ground on a $12 billion high-speed rail line between Las Vegas and the Los Angeles suburb Rancho Cucamonga. Brightline, the company building the railway, said the electric-powered trains will travel at more than 186 mph and shuttle passengers through the Mojave Desert in 2 hours 10 minutes, about half the time of driving on frequently gridlocked I-15.
My comment: I’m waiting for California’s air pollution and plant/animal preservation people to insert their monkey wrenches. See also Central California.
I'm not sure, as it's in / next to an existing highway full of polluting cars.