Railroad Forums 

• Your favorite Railroad in New Jersey?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#187081  by BigDell

I got turned away once, by a CNJ cop in the guard shack off of Schiller Street, but other than that, I never had a problem. In fact, on most days I hardly saw ANYONE. It was as if the place was empty except for me.....
Oh absolutely. SO MANY TIMES I was back behind the shops in the boneyard. I've sat in the cabs of the abandoned GG-1's, I've walked through the old passenger cars like Monmouth II, I've climbed up on the old Southern E units.... and I never saw a soul. Its like they were all hiding inside the shops while I was there... Can't imagine anything like that in 2005...
BigDell

#187082  by Don31

BigDell wrote:
I got turned away once, by a CNJ cop in the guard shack off of Schiller Street, but other than that, I never had a problem. In fact, on most days I hardly saw ANYONE. It was as if the place was empty except for me.....
Oh absolutely. SO MANY TIMES I was back behind the shops in the boneyard. I've sat in the cabs of the abandoned GG-1's, I've walked through the old passenger cars like Monmouth II, I've climbed up on the old Southern E units.... and I never saw a soul. Its like they were all hiding inside the shops while I was there... Can't imagine anything like that in 2005...
BigDell
We were probably there at the same time on many days Big Dell.

#187222  by Lackawanna484

Don31 wrote:
BigDell wrote:
BigDell
Make that three people. :-D

I'm surprised I never saw anybody else there, either. Climbed the Southern E-8s, the E-44s, the string of NJT cabooses, the GP-9, many passenger cars including the Great Northerns, etc.

#187270  by NJTee

DL&W, Great Grandfather was a structural engineer for them. He helped to design the Delaware River, and PaulinsKill Viaducts.

#187683  by Don31

Lackawanna484 wrote:
Don31 wrote:
BigDell wrote:
BigDell
Make that three people. :-D

I'm surprised I never saw anybody else there, either. Climbed the Southern E-8s, the E-44s, the string of NJT cabooses, the GP-9, many passenger cars including the Great Northerns, etc.
Wow, this is pretty wierd! :-D