Railroad Forums 

• Woodland Rail LLC

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1257090  by carchecker

I see it was announced that the owners of Woodland Pulp LLC in Baileyville are going to install not one but two tissue machines over the next two years. I wonder how that will affect Lincoln Paper? It will also be interesting to see how much more fiber is needed from northern Maine and elsewhere.
 #1257116  by fogg1703

carchecker wrote:It will also be interesting to see how much more fiber is needed from northern Maine and elsewhere.
Another sign of the importance of JDI operating MNR and that crucial Brownsville Connector. One long conveyor belt. Might remove any notion of fiber by rail over D1.
 #1300861  by carchecker

I was down to Woodland today for the first time in a few months. They were installing a set of scales under one of the tracks in the yard. They also have a conveyor belt system set up to unload the woodchip cars. Much more efficient then the loader they were using initially. Also Fulghum Fibers has rebuilt their facility and it looks good at least from the outside. They were unloading a long string of log cars. The mill looks very busy with lots of activity too. I'm assuming they have started work on installing the tissue machines. They are loading a few FBOX and YKR 50' boxes. Someone had mentioned on another thread about the possibility of wdpulp going to Lincoln by rail. Anyone know anything about this?