Railroad Forums 

• Wolfeboro Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#138460  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

When did the Wolfeboro Railroad shutdown? Where did their equipment go. I know that the steamer went to Edaville the RS-3 to the RMNE and the Alco went to Hobo but what about some of there other equipment like their coaches and stuff. Is the line still connected? I know that it is used by the speeder group but is it connected to the general rail system if so where?

#138657  by kilroy

I know the gas-electric combine is on the Strasburg RR in PA.

#138925  by steveh

Last edited by steveh on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

#140937  by SnoozerZ49

The "doodlebug" used by the Wolfeborough is at the Ulter and Delaware Rail Ride in the Catskills. It is in kind of tough shape. Isn't the No 250 in display at Edaville?

#141040  by Steam

The Wolfeborough RR had 2 self-propelled cars....

1. Former narrow gauge Lancaster, Oxford & Southern RR car from Strasburg. After the WRR demise it served briefly at Lowell (Mass.) Nat. Park, then returned to Strasburg.

2. Former (NYC?) standard gauge baggage/mail/passenger combine (#405?). WRR added a few more seats/windows to the mail end. It was not in service too long. Later went to Newport & Old Colony I think. WRR had it painted dark blue with yellow stripes/lettering.

#141348  by steveh

Last edited by steveh on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

#142165  by b&m 1566

That branch was connected to the Conway Branch correct? Wasn't that part of the Boston and Maine Railroad at one time?

#142276  by SLR 393

Yes, it connected to the Conway branch at Sanbornville, and both were b&m lines.