Railroad Forums 

• WNYP independent of LAL?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#562840  by PVRX1

Nevermind, the answer has been posted to the company website:
LAL:
Eugene H. Blabey II Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Larry A. DeYoung President & Chief Operating Officer
Daniel E. Eagan Vice President – Marketing & Sales
Vincent T. Milliken Vice President - Customer Service
& General Freight Agent

B&H:
Eugene H. Blabey II Chariman & Chief Executive Officer
Wesley R. Weis President (of the M&E railway)
& General Freight Agent

WNYP:
Eugene H. Blabey II Chariman & Chief Executive Officer
Carl P. Belke President & Chief Operating Officer
Larry A. DeYoung Vice President - Government Affairs & Secretary
Thomas A Collard Vice President & General Manager
& General Freight Agent
 #562848  by Sandy Burton

Dave,

Can you elaborate on your comment "As for something else from RS's post...word is, the police are already involved, as I thought they would."

Thanks.

Sandy Burton
 #562852  by pablo

Sandy, I've been told more than one thing, and am eagerly awaiting information that I can post. I expected exactly what has supposedly transpired.

Dave Becker
 #562854  by Otto Vondrak

MichaelWinicki wrote:Well I wish someone(s) would give us their "2 cents" on what they perceive the implications of this to mean...

This is a forum and we do discuss issues like this, #1 it's interesting and #2 it does/will have an influence. :-)
Do you want facts or speculation? I prefer facts.

-otto-
 #562857  by MichaelWinicki

Otto Vondrak wrote:
MichaelWinicki wrote:Well I wish someone(s) would give us their "2 cents" on what they perceive the implications of this to mean...

This is a forum and we do discuss issues like this, #1 it's interesting and #2 it does/will have an influence. :-)
Do you want facts or speculation? I prefer facts.

-otto-

Facts-- if they are obtainable and indeed facts... That's why I used and highlighted the term "perceive". The facts themselves may not be known for a long time to come. And since this is a forum, and people within forums do often discuss the "what if" then why not?

Business is fluid, a fact today may not be a fact tomorrow, so why not try to catch some information and illicit some commentary now from people that may have an educated opinion, instead of waiting until we're all much older men and the topic becomes much less interesting.
 #562902  by pablo

I think it's about time to lock this thread. The title no longer applies, and we/you/I can start a new thread when there's new news.

Dave Becker
 #562951  by BR&P

Why would you want to lock the thread? There is no obscenity, character assassination, or flame throwing. The purpose of a forum is to discuss things and that's what's being done.

Congrats to the new teams now in place. There is a lot of experience and knowledge represented there and hopefully the railroads now will finally be able to reap the benefit of those skills. Things don't happen overnight but in my opinion it's a very positive turn of events which will benefit the employees, the customers, and the companies as a whole.
 #563007  by railwatcher

There is no viable reason to lock the thread, although the title is not appropriate and it really never was. Politics were played on the web here, and at railfan.net as well as the Livingston County paper. We all know who the players were. We now know who won the election. McCain or Obama? Blabey or Burt? The same games were played.

Greg
 #563027  by pablo

My concern is that at this point, as Greg said, the "race" is over.

Therefore, we should let the powers that be repair the damage done by the previous administration. I haven't heard anyone post here suggest they want the railroad to close or otherwise suffer any damage.

Locking this, and starting a new relevant thread, would be a step in that direction.

As I said previously, Luther runs the forum here, and Otto runs the site. They both absolutely know what they are doing. They can certainly do as they wish and ignore my thoughts.

The beauty of democracy.

Dave Becker
 #563040  by nessman

I say kill the thread because I'm tired of getting new message notifications, only to pull up the website and find out that it's more bickering over whether or not the thread should be locked.

Sheesh... it's a nice day - go fishing or something.