Railroad Forums 

• ** WNY&P TRAIN MOVEMENT REPORTS **2006

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#224999  by railwatcher

before 1 pm 3/15/06, NS 533 westbound passed Olean NY.
 #234842  by railwatcher

4/11/06 Got a chance to catch WNYP #432 & LAL #424 dropping refer cars at Cuba this evening at 4:30pm. It's a pleasure to see local business utilizing a good thing. As I got towards Olean I saw a group of cars set on track 2 of the Buffalo line, waiting for pickup, in the mix were a couple of those refer cars. I had the scanner with me today and heard them talking, and forgot the camera. No doubt I have to take a roadtrip and fan the whole line.

Greg

#265151  by railwatcher

7/3/06 drove by the Olean yard at about 6 pm and saw an NS local working the yard. Appeared to be one of the refer cars sitting there along with the consist. Also two refers sitting out on the siding near Hinsdale off of the Buffalo line. Are these awaiting NS pickup or WNYP recieving?

Everytime I get to Olean I seem to be missing the action, when I have my camera. And they are everywhere when I dont bring it.

Greg

#266015  by Mike Stellpflug

Stopped by Meadville and Falconer on the way home from Pittsburgh on July, 3. The 424 & 426 were at Meadville, also there was an EL caboose parked under the bridge.

The 421 - 430 - 431 - 432 - 630 were all parked outside the shops at Falconer at about 6:00 pm. Quite a sight to be able to see all those Alco's together.

I guess you needed to go further west Greg.

Mike S.

#308459  by railwatcher

5 pm Wednesday evening 10/18 I was in Scio and saw a WNYP work train between Scio and Wellsville. On the East bound end the power was WNYP #426 and about 7 cars followed by WNYP #431. It ended up at the WV siding for the night just before a westbound NS coal train rolled through.

When I have the camera, I see nothing. And when I forget it, they are all over the place!

Greg