Railroad Forums 

• Who Casts GE Trucks?

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#955353  by Tom Tancula

Who is casting the GE truck frames these days? Are these cast in the US or another country?
 #956141  by Allen Hazen

This was discussed in an earlier thread: I don't remember a definite answer, but you could look for it in the archive.
Some "roller blades" trucks (the style introduced on the Dash-9) have foundry marks including the letters RSA: I wondered if this indicated that they were imported from the Republic of South Africa!
 #958749  by CN Sparky

All the ones I've looked at lately have the RSA marks.. so I'd assume that some division of GE, or a contractor, is making them in South Africa, yes.
 #967797  by GE506

CN Sparky wrote:All the ones I've looked at lately have the RSA marks.. so I'd assume that some division of GE, or a contractor, is making them in South Africa, yes.
They are indeed made in South Africa. I worked in the truck shop before (at GE's Erie plant), it has been a long time since they were cast here in Erie