Railroad Forums 

• Whitin Machine works Electric roster

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1264475  by Pat Fahey

Hi all
I am doing research on an article for my clubs newsletter ,the only thing I can not find is a Roster of the electric locomotives that was owned by the company . There was a Roster in a New Haven Shoreliner issue Vol 12 # 4 1981 , this issue is long out of print , the article was written by Charles A. Brown for the magazine's trolley stop .
Now I already know about the locomotives that when to Edaville which became their number #1 and # 2 , that came from Whitin Machine works . Any information dealing with the Electric's that worked at the MILL , will be helpful .
I am not looking for information dealing with the Trolleys .....or the Linwood Street Railway ..... Thank you Pat
 #1264498  by GP40MC1118

Pat

Any idea about what year they were built or operated? I still haven't be able to look at
my GE Builder's records or Westinghouse for that matter, but some sort of time frame
would help narrow the search "area" down.

D
 #1264646  by Pat Fahey

Hi GP40MC1118
I think the standard gauge freight motors operated from 1900 to 1943 , that is when they brought their first 65 ton GE , to replace freight motor # 3. As for the narrow gauge freight motors
maybe about the same time . The narrow freight motors did not get replaced until August of 1949 by GE units that when to Edaville . Pat