Railroad Forums 

• Where to Find Multilevels

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1337080  by Matt Johnson

Fan Railer wrote:The real question is where can you NOT find Multilevels on the NJT system lol. And yes, I know where.
South of Long Branch apparently, as they like to derail on the Bay Head loop, but you'd think they'd fix that issue one of these days!
 #1337082  by nick11a

Matt Johnson wrote:
Fan Railer wrote:The real question is where can you NOT find Multilevels on the NJT system lol. And yes, I know where.
South of Long Branch apparently, as they like to derail on the Bay Head loop, but you'd think they'd fix that issue one of these days!
According to the NJCL discussion in this forum, they're running the MultiLEVELs down to Bay Head again right now.... I would just assume not around the loop. Supposedly, the loop is only being used by the shuttle train when it is used and that doesn't use MultiLEVELs.
 #1337085  by srock1028

nick11a wrote:
Matt Johnson wrote:
According to the NJCL discussion in this forum, they're running the MultiLEVELs down to Bay Head again right now.... I would just assume not around the loop. Supposedly, the loop is only being used by the shuttle train when it is used and that doesn't use MultiLEVELs.
Don't assume there mr nick11a!! They are indeed looping the multilevels in Bay Head every night when they get down there on trains 3363 and 3373.
 #1337089  by nick11a

srock1028 wrote:
nick11a wrote:
Matt Johnson wrote:
Don't assume there mr nick11a!! They are indeed looping the multilevels in Bay Head every night when they get down there on trains 3363 and 3373.
OK, why thank you.... as the old saying goes. :-) Now that they are looping them again, might I assume that they are then looping them slowly.... quite slowly?
 #1337090  by srock1028

nick11a wrote: OK, why thank you.... as the old saying goes. :-) Now that they are looping them again, might I assume that they are then looping them slowly.... quite slowly?
M.A.S. for the loop is 5MPH and that's what they are doing.
 #1337091  by nick11a

srock1028 wrote:
nick11a wrote: OK, why thank you.... as the old saying goes. :-) Now that they are looping them again, might I assume that they are then looping them slowly.... quite slowly?
M.A.S. for the loop is 5MPH and that's what they are doing.
Very good. Not quite as slow as "Walking Clear" and not quite as fast as "Slower Clear."

If you don't know what I mean, see this: Rejected NORAC Signals (Note: It's a Joke; and yes, I know the loop and the whole yard is dark territory.) :-)