Railroad Forums 

• Where is this in Camden?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1411825  by nydepot

Can you post a google/bing map link to where this is? Not my photo, obviously. Thanks.

Charles
s-l1600.jpg
 #1411875  by R&DB

Bombardier Transportation, just north of Pavonia Yard. Picture taken from Sherman Ave.
 #1411897  by liftedjeep

-That photo was taken at the NJ Transit RiverLine shops just outside of Pavonia Yard in Camden. The shops and the RiverLine MoW train (which always has one of those Juniata Terminal SWs for power) can be seen and photographed quite easily from along Cleveland Ave on the Pennsauken/Camden border. I'll attach a satellite view screenshot of the area. The red marker is the shop facility, the MoW train can be seen in the bottom left corner.

Here's one of mine from 2014:

http://bkranefeld.rrpicturearchives.net ... id=3947689" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben
Attachments:
20161209_150240.jpg
20161209_150240.jpg (522.66 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
 #1412149  by R&DB

Ben,
I agree with you about the MoW location and trains, but this particular photo was taken from the the intersection on Sherman and N 32nd Street. (Try Goolge street view from there.) The blue tank and building trim at the right side of the photo are clearly the Bombardier facility.
 #1412158  by liftedjeep

Harry,
Sherman Ave becomes Cleveland Ave one block over at Beideman Ave (in between 32nd and 31st Streets). Being from the Pennsauken area, I do a lot of photography in that particular spot of trains in and out of Pavonia Yard. I've always considered that entire road opposite the RiverLine Facility, Cleveland Ave. While I may have gotten the actual street name wrong by one block, we both were referring to the same location.
Thanks for the insight!
Ben