Railroad Forums 

• Where is the old stuff here???

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#3856  by Tamping Pick

There were lots of links in the old forum.
That would of answered lots of questions that will appear in the future.
It took lots of time on my behalf to find many of those links.
And now I don't have as much time to re research all those links.
Case in point is "Warren Glen" branch topic. This area of NJ had a web page, with pics.
PICK

#3884  by CAR_FLOATER

Hey Pick, for once I gotta agree with you, loosing all the threads from the old site would be a loss.....Regardless, what about the Warren Glen brach would you like to know? Or are you just using it as an example?
Anywho, I hope that all of the old posts are not lost.

Car Floater

#3889  by Tamping Pick

Floater, I used that as a example.
There was lots of great info from members there
:( PICK
 #3895  by Mark Smith

I emailed Michael Roque' the webmaster just after the new startup inquiring about whether the old threads had been saved and could be made available in some format for a fee. There was a lot of info gone forever that will never be replaced.

He replied that he was expecting to get a dump of the data and would think about what might be done.

I'd definitely suggest emailing him about this idea if you think it worthwhile. I suspect like me there are others who are dismayed by what has been lost. If so, let's see what we can get to happen.

Email Michael at:
[email protected] <[email protected]>

#4324  by Trackbolt

If the old messages are lost for good it is a shame. I spent hours reading those old posts and learned much from them. I never used to ask too many questions because if i looked long enough I could usually find the answer. So now guess what? I'm not gonna be bashful and I plan to ask lots of questions. The way I figure it is that I will get educated and forum will fill with more questions and answers and then... I guess we will create another teriffic data base. Unfortunatly it will take a long time. But what do they say about a journey? Getting there is half the fun.

My buck two ninety eight's worth.

Trackbolt :D

#5735  by Otto Vondrak

We lament the loss of the old posts... we're not even sure if we can get them back. When our last host pulled the plug on us, we didnt have time to prepare for anything.

We'll let you know if anything changes.

-otto-