Railroad Forums 

• What's this? "New England Railroad"

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#410932  by MEC407

On the new version of the web site, the guy even narrates the Flash presentation. He doesn't sound like a young person. (To me, anyway.)

#411053  by b&m 1566

Ian MacMillan wrote:(207) 449-1486 is a cell phone based in Brunswick, ME The registered service provider is Bell Atlantic Nynex Mobile. Detailed listing information is not available.
I would say its a scam... Bell Atlantic Nynex Mobile became Verizon in what 1999 or 2000. Something doesn't seem right about it.

#411495  by bwparker1

You have to be kidding me!!!

Call the freaking BBB or something.

I get scared just thinking about the person who has enough time on his hands to concoct this B^@(S&@#.

Get a life Don Adams or whoever you are, you're a disgrace to any inlking of railroading whatsoever.

#411674  by jscola30

I have notified Kalmbach about this (the publisher of the tourist lines guide).

#411710  by NHN503

b&m 1566 wrote:
Ian MacMillan wrote:(207) 449-1486 is a cell phone based in Brunswick, ME The registered service provider is Bell Atlantic Nynex Mobile. Detailed listing information is not available.
I would say its a scam... Bell Atlantic Nynex Mobile became Verizon in what 1999 or 2000. Something doesn't seem right about it.
Verizon still uses the Nynex name for wireless services in ME and NH for users that had been on it before it became Verizon.

#412077  by MEC407

Ian MacMillan wrote:Verizon still uses the Nynex name for wireless services in ME and NH for users that had been on it before it became Verizon.
This is true. For instance, if a number was originally registered with Bell Atlantic a few years ago, it would still show up as Bell Atlantic if you did a reverse lookup today.

I use T-Mobile, but if I do a reverse lookup on my number, it shows up as being registered to Nextel. Apparently the person who first had this number was a Nextel user.

---

Anyway, I hope nobody comes across this web site and ends up sending the guy a bunch of money for train tickets on this imaginary train. Fortunately WE all know that it doesn't exist, but people from other parts of the country who aren't familiar with New England might not know that.

#412136  by jscola30

I have sent an email to the BBB, if there is any news, I will post here.

#412457  by jscola30

Got this email from Kalmbach today:

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding the New England Railroad. We found about the nonexistent New England Railroad as well, but not before the new Tourist Trains Guidebook was printed. Unfortunately, we were not able to verify each directory listing with a personal visit. The entry will be deleted from future editions."

#412459  by NHN503

jscola30 wrote:I have sent an email to the BBB, if there is any news, I will post here.
The BBB is only really effective if you are a member of the BBB.

#418196  by CBX1000

Wow - found this site & topic during a google search. I have info about this situation. If anyone has interest, please contact me.

#418212  by Meyblc

Why not just tell us all the story here instead of having everyone contact you individually?

#418440  by NHN503

Exactly...if you have something, post it for all to see here.

#418635  by Guilford Guy

Why would someone be searching something that does not exist?

#418678  by GOLDEN-ARM

Why, isn't CBX really just Don Adams? Seems plausible..........