Railroad Forums 

• WANTED: Western New York & Pennsylvania by Paul Pietrak

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1414564  by rls62

I post this on the Books, Magazines, etc. forum a few weeks ago and have yet to receive a reply so I'll try it here. I'm interested in buying the Pau Pietrak book "The History of the New York and Pennsylvania Railway Company". I am most interested in the Rochester branch of the Pennsy and would like to know if this book has good coverage of this section. I've read two of Pietrak's books and enjoyed them very much. Thanks in advance.
 #1414569  by thebigham

^Are you talking about Pietrak's Western New York & Pennsylvania book?

It has a few pages on the PRR Rochester branch. A few pics. Nothing too exciting.

Or his C&PA/New York & Pennsylvania book? The NY&P was a shortline railroad between Ceres and Canisteo. It was abandoned in 1936.
 #1414615  by nydepot

The coverage is relatively poor with most info recycled from the PS&N book. Because of this it contains the same errors.

Charles
 #1414736  by Otto Vondrak

I did a quick google search for "books by Paul Pietrak" and came up with this:

https://www.amazon.com/History-Western- ... ul+Pietrak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His books are widely available, shop around, and you should be able to find what you're looking for.

-otto-