Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#857241  by Train2009

This afternoon at 2:23 PM the flu Inspection Train came by on track #1 heading southbound in Philipse Manor, leading was P32AC-DM #208 and I did't know there was a scheduled run this afternoon!

Here is the suprise run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06glewWWZzw
Last edited by Train2009 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #857309  by truck6018

Train2009 wrote:This afternoon at 2:23 PM the Inspection Train came by on track #1 heading southbound in Philipse Manor, leading was P32AC-DM #208 and I did't know there was a scheduled run this afternoon!

Here is the suprise run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06glewWWZzw
It wasn't necessarily scheduled for an "inspection" run. It was likely the flu train going to the different work sites on the Hudson line. They were in GCT this morning and Highbridge late afternoon.
 #857342  by Train2009

RearOfSignal wrote:Yep, tomorrow on the New Haven line Wednesday on the Harlem.
What is the schedule run on New Haven line and will the same loco to be running like from Monday or a other unit?
Last edited by Train2009 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #857545  by Train2009

The Flu Train came by Larchmont this afternoon at 2:35 PM heading westbound.

Video from Larchmont:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-iCPFRjBsM

And what is the schedule for the Harlem line Flu train tomorrow, like when in the morning does the train leave GCT and the times of each worksite stop?
 #857919  by FL9AC

And what is the schedule for the Harlem line Flu train tomorrow, like when in the morning does the train leave GCT and the times of each worksite stop?
a little late but "Infection train :wink: " came northbound past Fordham a little before 7 a.m and was in North White mid-day....it then headed up to Brewster yard and left around 12:30 to head back south.
 #860984  by Patrick A.

Was riding on the head end of the 11:07 out of GCT and I saw the Inspection Train on the move going toward Stamford. Saw it in the Rowayton area on Track1 around 12:05. Consist was a new paint Gennie leading with 3 cars and a New Haven Brookville unit trailing.
 #860985  by DutchRailnut

it was Infection train a.k.a the flu train.
it takes medical dept to outlying terminals to give flu shots.
 #860987  by DutchRailnut

Train2009 wrote:When is the Infection train is coming back to Harmon?
I don't have schedule.

Update: it's not flu train but geometry train.
CDot 130 - mn2 - mn3 - mn1 - 204
it left Danbury branch at. 17:45 heading for New Haven??
Mn 2 has geometry gear on rear truck
 #861048  by FL9AC

Train was a geometry train heading up the Danbury today...left the branch about an hour ago with the 204 on the west end, the three inspection cars, and the 130 on the east end. Head it came off the branch and headed east towards New Haven.