Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Jeff Smith

Nice videos; one question, though: aren't the gates supposed to go down BEFORE the train crosses? (Yes, I see the person who climbed down to protect). :wink:
  by DutchRailnut

Track 6 is stop and warn only, the gates won't neccesarily work due to rusty rail.
No daily trains use that track south of were they park, so gates could potentialy even go up, while a train goes accross.
  by Ridgefielder

What are the business cars like inside? Are there any traces of their original Phoebe Snow interiors?
  by FL9AC

Not really...both ex-Phoebe Snow observation cars have been modded throughout the LIRR/Metro-North years to suit their needs.
  by Train2009

Can we change this topic to the "Inspection Cars Status" please?
  by Erie-Lackawanna

FL9AC wrote:Not really...both ex-Phoebe Snow observation cars have been modded throughout the LIRR/Metro-North years to suit their needs.
Actually, the interiors are strikingly unchanged from their DL&W/EL days. Even the chairs are the same chairs that were in them 50 years ago.

Jim
  by Jeff Smith

I'd pay good money to ride in one of them if they're that unchanged; just an idea :wink: next time you schedule an excursion or something.........
  by Ridgefielder

Erie-Lackawanna wrote:
FL9AC wrote:Not really...both ex-Phoebe Snow observation cars have been modded throughout the LIRR/Metro-North years to suit their needs.
Actually, the interiors are strikingly unchanged from their DL&W/EL days. Even the chairs are the same chairs that were in them 50 years ago.

Jim
That's really cool.

Anyone have any pictures?

And I also second Sarge's thought...
  by northjerseybuff

Doesn't it normally run in early sept? I am thinking sept 10th, based on past years..2nd friday in sept seems to be the way they do it. any thoughts?
  by DutchRailnut

scheduled for sept 17th
  by Train2009

Is it running on the all two west of hudson lines?
  by CNJGeep

Train2009 wrote:Is it running on the all two west of hudson lines?
Yes, it should be running on both of the WOH lines.
  by railmason357

Does anybody know if it will have the rebuilt 4908 on it?
  by DutchRailnut

They will try, the 4908 has to prove itself first, so answer won't be 100% till morning of 17th.
  by Train2009

What time will the Inspection train running?