Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#996519  by Otto Vondrak

RearOfSignal wrote:Did they get all the graffiti off the station? Last I was there the was tons of graffiti on the station walls and platform, that was quite a few months ago. Hope it stays clean!
I haven't seen any evidence of vandalism at the station, and I've been driving past it for months.
 #996535  by Patrick A.

If I recall, several months ago there were photos of the side of the platform down near the tracks which had been all marked up by 'urban artists'. From the way it was done, it appeared the vandals had to have been on the trackbed.
 #998238  by RedbirdR33

There are currently two versions of the Metro-North New Haven Line Timetable available at GCT. One is dated "November 19, 2011 through January 6, 2012." This one has a turkey on the front. The other is dated "December 5, 2011 through January 6, 2012." This one includes the new station called Fairfield Metro.

Larry, RedbirdR33
 #999116  by Train322

RedbirdR33 wrote:There are currently two versions of the Metro-North New Haven Line Timetable available at GCT. One is dated "November 19, 2011 through January 6, 2012." This one has a turkey on the front.
Larry, RedbirdR33

Does the Turkey represent the quality of riding an M2?
 #999200  by Clean Cab

Train2009 wrote:I was railfanning for the very first time today at this nice new station.

Too bad it doesn't have a waiting room, bathroom or ticket office.
 #999251  by DutchRailnut

Connecticut commuters dont wait, they show up at traintime and bitch when train leaves on time .....
 #999271  by Train538

I went to the station for my first time from 9:15 to 10:10 this morning. Despite it not having restrooms, all I can say is, WOW! It was most definitely worth the wait. The stairwells of the pedestrian overpass are heated and are well protected by doors. What really amused me was driving over the vehicle overpass from track 3 to 4. It's very elaborate and gave me the feeling I was in an airplane! (LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfYIQAAD ... AAAAWgAJAA
 #999315  by N4J

It seems like Conndot really builds expensive stations for the cheap....as opposed to NY or NJT which build stations with bathrooms and heating rooms and ticket offices...
 #999602  by R36 Combine Coach

Nexis4Jersey wrote:It seems like Conndot really builds expensive stations for the cheap....as opposed to NY or NJT which build stations with bathrooms and heating rooms and ticket offices...
Not anymore. All of NJT's recent new stations (Ramsey Route 17, MSU, Mt. Arlington, Wayne-Route 23, Meadowlands, Plauderville) are basic high platforms with roofs, no station building, agent or restrooms.
 #1001189  by Otto Vondrak

I wish there were some enclosed waiting areas on the platforms... The shelters they built on the platforms have no doors (or heat). Rather chilly.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any real designated area for passenger drop-off or pick up. The "kiss-and-ride" on the New York-bound side seems to be blocked with handicapped parking spaced.

Also, signage is completely lacking - no wayfinders to the station, no direction where to go once you get to the station area... and exits are not marked on the platform.

Otherwise, a nice, new station.

-otto-