Railroad Forums 

• Pop ups too?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1034919  by Mr. Ed

What, regular ads weren't enough for the site they had to add pop ups too? Enough is enough.

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #1035034  by David

Not sure what you are referring to, Ed. Please be a little more specific--Thanks.
 #1035036  by waldwickrailfan

When you go to the board index and click on a forum for the first time after you start up your computer, an ad pops up, it's happened to me the past few days
 #1035057  by ns3010

Opera 10 and nothing here. I had one while browsing the site the other day, but I think I was on Railpictures at the same time, so it probably came from there. My favorite thing about the popups on that site is that the popup blocker blocks the wanted popups, but not the ads... no problem there! ;-)

EDIT: Just tried over in IE8, and a popup was blocked the second the site loaded
 #1035142  by Eliphaz

I started getting them this morning. Netflix. three times.
 #1035174  by Jtgshu

So what? If it keeps the site free, I don't have a problem with them at all.
 #1035668  by Mr. Ed

David, before I even get a chance to login, there is a popup staring me in the face. It opens before the page does.

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #1035829  by GSC

I had one pop up when I logged in and I went to the Forums page. Just a quick flash and it was gone. Not the best way to advertise, as I didn't see what it said before it disappeared. I use Verizon Fios.
 #1035919  by TAMR213

No pop-ups using Verizon DSL and Google Chrome.
 #1035921  by Mr. Ed

I use Verizon for my DSL (when it works, another story) and IE8. I wasn't here yesterday and maybe Monday because my DSL was down (again.) But when I just logged in, there was no pop up. Go figure!

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #1036138  by SecaucusJunction

It's only bad when you are browsing on your smartphone. When you try to open a page on the forum, a whole new page opens up on top of it and you wonder how you ever got to this new site.
 #1036151  by Mr. Ed

There was one today as soon as I clicked on the site, before I logged in.

Later!
Mr. Ed
 #1036302  by David

Mr. Ed wrote:David, before I even get a chance to login, there is a popup staring me in the face. It opens before the page does.

Later!
Mr. Ed

A lot of browsers have "pop-up-blockers". My Safari browser has one and I never get a pop-up. That is why I was surprised when you mentioned it. Has this been going on for a long time or just recently?