Railroad Forums 

• Boston Railway Terminal

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#271527  by boatsmate

I heard a rumor that Boston Railway is trying to get the loco moved to Pawtucket... any one heard any info on this????

#271950  by CSX Conductor

They were supposed to be out of there June 30th, so technically everything down there is CSXT's property now. :wink: :P

#329944  by boatsmate

Went down the haul road yesterday, got out of work early, and saw the Boston Railway engine still in the same place as it has been, as well as the small donkey tractor. however the 20 yard dumpster that was blocking it acrosws the tracks, is now gone. Any update on what is going to happen to this engine????

#330570  by CSX Conductor

Since everything on the property belongs to CSXT as of 7/1/06 when BRT was evicted I have suggested that we sell it on E-Bay. I have also asked if I could shove it down to Black Falcon and see how much of a splash it would make. :P Sorry Alan, just joking, I know it's your baby. :P

#330698  by AM@BRT

:wink: Good luck getting to the pier!

Although the rail has been re-laid and connected, the grade crossing at Drydock Avenue remains paved-over, as do several sections further east.

Alan Marsh

#330952  by boatsmate

A question about this engine, is it going to be used agian, if not could it find its way to a train museum??? and will or can CSX haul it over there rails to said museum??? I can think of a local one that would love to have it, and it would be treated very lovingly.

capt bill

#331127  by CSX Conductor

AM@BRT wrote::wink: Good luck getting to the pier!

Although the rail has been re-laid and connected, the grade crossing at Drydock Avenue remains paved-over, as do several sections further east.

Alan Marsh
I know Alan, once I saw the re-installed portions I ventured east to scope it out. I hope you understand I am only teasing about the Alco. :wink: Are you going to truck it to Pawtucket or sell it or what?

#331598  by Guilford Guy

or donate it to meeeeeeeeee! :wink:
 #356493  by AM@BRT

Hey CSX Conductor!
Who came down at 1 o'clock this morning, two engines, light?
Pretty amusing that the gates didn't work, seeing as how Mass. Electric had inspected them yesterday afternoon.
:wink:

#357075  by CSX Conductor

They worked, just not properly.......most likely due to rusty rail. :wink:

#476181  by AM@BRT

Somebody came to visit at 2 o'clock this morning... Checkin' up? :wink:
Gate blew down again over the weekend.

#476215  by CSX Conductor

AM@BRT wrote:Somebody came to visit at 2 o'clock this morning... Checkin' up? :wink:
Gate blew down again over the weekend.
Yes, we saw. Who's pad-locks are on the gate? Did CSX put them on there? What's with the roll-off dumpster being dropped-off by the west end of the run-around after we cleared the crossing circuit?

I doubt you were there Alan, I guess this was a report from someone down there?

#476811  by Guilford Guy

Alan, any plans for stealing your ALCo and bringing her to Rhodey?

#477069  by CSX Conductor

Guilford Guy wrote:Alan, any plans for stealing your ALCo and bringing her to Rhodey?
Not if we get it first, lol. It's not his real estate anymore. :P

#477072  by AM@BRT

CSXConductor:
(3) padlocks, one is mine, one is yours (MofW), one is signal maintainers'.
Dumpsters are there for yard cleanup.
No, it wasn't me at that hour, but I have people watching things... :wink: