Railroad Forums 

• Maine Narrow Gauge Museum Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1498284  by elecuyer

Jonathan wrote:I thought the surprise was going to be running on the Downeaster route from Rockland to Portland.
I thought the construction of a 2ft 4-8-8-4 "little boy" was pretty funny.

(Both of these ideas were supposed - in jest - in response to coordinated "tease" announcements made by both organizations on Facebook.)
 #1498287  by flyingfox10

I believe I read somewhere they will be operating weekends starting in February, not sure about steam. WW&F is operating a steam weekend in February though.

Also both groups do their best to post special events in their respective threads here as well as on facebook.
 #1498291  by Jonathan

flyingfox10 wrote:I believe I read somewhere they will be operating weekends starting in February, not sure about steam. WW&F is operating a steam weekend in February though.

Also both groups do their best to post special events in their respective threads here as well as on facebook.
OK. I'm hoping for an event like the event you guys did with ww&f 9 and monson 3 this year..
 #1519895  by MEC407

SR&RL sues MNGR:
Portland Press Herald wrote:FARMINGTON — The Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad is suing a Portland nonprofit railroad company and museum over Sandy River’s more than $144,000 investment and what it claims was wrongful termination of a 15-year contract.
. . .
Sandy River railroad “wants its money back and has asked the Superior Court to step in and award fair and equitable damages,” according to attorney Ronald Cullenberg.
Read more at: https://www.pressherald.com/2019/09/11/ ... ocomotive/
 #1519907  by kilroy

We're all suppose to be working to towards the same goal and we end up fighting. This is the kind of stuff that kills preservation efforts. Unfortunately, it seems no one bothered to ask an obvious "what if" in the event things don't work out as planned. You have to expect cost overruns on a restoration project. You always find things wrong you didn't expect (true with your house too).

Now most of these groups funds are going to go to the lawyers. Even if you win, you lose as I'm sure neither group has the funds to handle this.