Railroad Forums 

• Video of NYC photos from Corning 1924

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1111762  by Clif

Found this U tube;

New York Central Railroad ; Corning 1924

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwMeh8fD ... re=related

Description from u tube page.
Take a look at rare photo's of NYC's Railroad layout at Corning, NY.
A family friend shared his father's photo's of his days on the NYC RR at this sleepy little small town in the southern Tier of NY.
Photographed between 1924 and 1960 these photo's show views never before seen.

Nice views of the north side yard, quite a few steam photos, and a wreck by the DL&W bridge.

Also some photos of DL&W and Erie.
 #1129332  by Otto Vondrak

Hard to see those photos in the video... Who ever made it would do much better if they were simply scanned and put on the web to share.

-otto-
 #1129532  by charlie6017

Otto Vondrak wrote:Hard to see those photos in the video... Who ever made it would do much better if they were simply scanned and put on the web to share.

-otto-
I have to agree......it's neat, but one of the things I enjoy in studying photos is not just the subject itself, but
everything around it. It's harder to do that in this format. :-)

Charlie
 #1130244  by Clif

The guy who made the video, is into making videos, and he must be into editing videos, viewing the other ones he has made about the interstate 86 replacing parts of the former E-L main and Riverside housing.

I wish I could get a hold of him, because he has quite few pictures of Corning I have never seen, including the old NYC Passenger station that used to stand on the corner of Pine St and Tioga Ave.

Passenger service From Williamsport Pa., through Corning To Geneva NY and the mainline at Lyons NY ended in 1935.