• US Navy Earle Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by southern sec. kid

SA31 must have dropped cars off for earle. i hear the earle trains at collingswood now
  by NY&LB

I was surprised to see that they ran a train yesterday, when I crossed the line at Swiming River Road at 5 PM and saw the snow knocked down.
  by ChrisU

Might have been a light engine move just to clear the snow.
  by Earle Baldwin

We took a drive over to the bay yesterday. A pair of units coupled front to front were switching cars on the pier.
  by ChrisU

A train or something on the tracks dropped off about 20 ties by Sleepy Hollow road last night! Will post when they start putting them in.
  by RailsEast

Yup, noticed the ties as well. Very interesting that, when I saw them replacing ties last fall, there was no super-fancy tie-replacement rig, with full track gang, being used; a couple of pieces of basic MOW equipment, and old fashioned elbow-grease! Was very cool to see, just like the good old days........
Chris
  by ChrisU

I saw the Railway construction company redo the grade crossings at Sleepy hollow Rd and it was very cool to watch, just a few pieces of mow equipment even for that.
  by ChrisU

The track gang is at Oak Hill Rd now and more ties where dropped off at Sleepy hollow Rd this morning.
  by ChrisU

The train ran today passed by Sleepy Hollow RD heading towards mainside at 3:57 pm with USN SW1200 65-00631 #6 and VO1000M 65-00367 #1 with 21 USN box cars.
  by wolfboy8171981

Most of the "interchange" traffic for NWS Earl is for Railroad Construction.
  by GSC

Are 21 car freights normal for NWS? Being a watcher of the Southern Sec and the Freehold lines, I'm not used to seeing anything more than eight cars anymore.
  by ChrisU

Just about every time I have seen them they have been between 20-25 cars.
  by ChrisU

Does VO1000M 65-00622 ever get used because I have never seen it I have seen all of the other engines including the 80 tonner when I got special tour in a certain part of mainside.
  by Earle Baldwin

The 65-00622 hasn't run in several years. I was told awhile back it was sitting out of service in the engine terminal but I don't know if it's still there.
  by ChrisU

Thanks. Does anybody have any pictures of 65-00622?