Railroad Forums 

• Unstoppable in Trainz?

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#870544  by CPSK

I am going to try the trick used in the movie Unstoppable to stop a runaway freight in TS2010. At this point, I am going to use 12 6-axle locomotives and see if first of all I can catch the runaway, then if I can, and couple up to it, will try to reverse the throttle. I don't know if TS will allow this to happen while the train is still in motion. If not, I'll have to see whether there is enough braking power in just the rear locos to stop the train.
My guess is that it will take at least 12 locos, but could take a lot more. After all, we will be depending on the stopping power of only the locos, not the rest of the train, and if the train is still under power, it may well be totally impossible, in real life or in Trainz.

FW