Railroad Forums 

• Tulsa, Oklahoma

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#1041401  by scharnhorst

I'm new to this whole page but would like to get an idea on BNSF Operation in the Tulsa area as I'm looking at a relocation in February or March 2013 as the company that I work for is leaving New York all together. I'm just looking for basic information on decent spots to sit and so forth along with hobby shops.
 #1092103  by Bart78

Sorry for a much delayed reply but I must have overlooked this post somehow.

Places to watch BNSF ops: primary switching is the Cherokee Yard in West Tulsa. It can be observed from public roads that are nearby.

Hobby shops: only one I have been to is Action Hobbies, 4955 S. Memorial, Tulsa. A Google search reveals a Hobby Town that I didn't know existed. There is also Hobby Lobby but they are a little light on the railroad stuff.
 #1092158  by scharnhorst

Bart78 wrote:Sorry for a much delayed reply but I must have overlooked this post somehow.

Places to watch BNSF ops: primary switching is the Cherokee Yard in West Tulsa. It can be observed from public roads that are nearby.

Hobby shops: only one I have been to is Action Hobbies, 4955 S. Memorial, Tulsa. A Google search reveals a Hobby Town that I didn't know existed. There is also Hobby Lobby but they are a little light on the railroad stuff.

cool I'll have to check the shops out I'll be out in the area for a 4 day tour at the end of this month with the company that I'm with.