Railroad Forums 

• Trying to identify an abandoned Evanston, IL track

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#1037963  by readman1223

You can see the northernmost end of the track here: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=evanston, ... s&t=h&z=17

It looks like it used to connect there to the NW-bound Metra line. It heads SW for a while through Skokie and into Chicago until it hits 94, heads south for a bit and rejoins another Metra line heading SE.

Any ideas for what line it used to belong to?
 #1039417  by ryanbytes

It was the Weber sub. It ran from Mayfair to Evanston. From what I understand it was the first route to Milwaukee for the Chicago and North Western. There were also some commuter runs at one point. If I'm wrong feel free to shoot me down. :)